Project Siren

Date started: May 23, 2016
Date finished: TBA

©copyright2016 by myheadphoneisdead.

Play the audio for background music :>
(Only works for mobile users)

The song is entitled Chaos by The Rock Diamond. It's a soundtrack from the manhwa, DICE.

•••

Preview

The moment I had my eyes open, I was lying on the dirt and my vision was blurred. My ears kept wringing and my heart was racing as I coughed up the thick smoke that surrounded me.

I tried to stand up but I only managed to sit. My eyes were scanning the entire place as I tried to recall what just happened.

I was inside a chapel. But everything was crumbling. The walls looked like it might fall off at any moment. There were cement dust fogging up and glass shards were scattered all over.

As I tried to adjust myself, an unconcious little boy lying on the ground caught my attention.

I tried to walk towards him but my legs were aching and when I turned to look at them, glass shards where cutting through as drops of blood immersed.

It wasn't deep but it hurt. I only managed to crawl my way to the little boy as he slowly woke up.

"Thank God." I gasped in relief, "Y-You're... Okay."

The little boy sat up and he massaged his temples, the moment his eyes met mine...

I felt terrified. I gasped in shock to see what was in front of me. I wanted to scream but I was able to contain myself.

In front of me was not just any normal little boy. Because in front of me...

Was a monster in his eyes.

"S-stay away from me!" I tried to move back, "W-what are you?!"

I was scared. This was the first time I've felt fear in the city. Nothing ever scared me. But now...

All I needed to do was just to look at him.

His eyes were nothing near normal. His sclera was red while the iris is blue. Suddenly, red light glowed below his cheeks and an unusual pattern formed.

I felt like I was facing a monster.

"Y-you..." he managed to mutter as he pointed to my direction.

"D-don't! Don't go near me!" I cried as I moved backwards, trying to ignore the pain the glass shards were causing.

He didn't answer. There was nothing but the sound of my own voice trembling as he finally spoke.

"Y-you're... The one... Who c-caused all... This." He said with hands shaking in fear, "Y-you're the one... Who killed them."

Following the direction of his finger, my eyes stumbled upon huge slabs of cement debris and below it were limbs, weaponry and crushed machinery sticking out as blood continued to run and drip.

The little boy suddenly spoke, "You're just like me."

I looked at him, almost about to cry as I continuosly shaked my head in disagreement. I moved backwards until I got a hold of a big piece of glass.

And when I turned to look at it, the broken pieces reflected my own image... My eyes looked strange and unusual patterns were formed below them.

I knew right there and then...

...That I wasn't normal.