1.Unexpected Situation

Third Person POV

After being put into a room in Tsukinose hospital, an older woman lays down on the hospital bed and sighs as she looks out the window. Her condition wasn't life-threatening in any way. She only fell down the stairs by accident and fractured some bones but the doctor was concerned about how she fell down the stairs because she fainted. The doctor recommended she stay here for a few months to check up on her health.

So with not so much of a choice, she decided to listen to her doctor and let them take care of her till she was better. As much as she hates to admit it, she's not so young and healthy like she used to be.

Even so, all her worries go towards her granddaughter who's currently a first-year in Inarizaki High. A brilliant child when it comes to volleyball and traditional Japanese dancing but when it comes to her common sense and living life like a normal human... not so much.

Just thinking about the child being in the house by herself is unimaginable. She won't even last a day on her own.

"I wonder if I should just send her back to Tokyo with her parents?" She quietly mumbles but knew that it wasn't as easy as it sounds.

Her grandchild is the youngest out of five, with most of her siblings already having their own families. All of them are probably too busy to watch over her.

Not to mention, she's already in the middle of her school year. Having her suddenly go back to Tokyo won't be an easy process and honestly, she didn't want her granddaughter to leave her. Seeing her every day was comforting to her ever since her husband died.

Knock knock

"Are you in here Satowa?" Someone asks after knocking on the door.

Satowa smiles hearing the familiar voice. "I'm here Yumi." She answers and the door opens. A woman, the same age as her, appears with her gray hair tied into a bun. "It's been a while since we last saw each other."

"It has. When you called me, I rushed over here as soon as I can. How are you doing?" Yumi asks concerned.

"Don't worry, it's not as serious as it looks. I'm doing better now," Satowa answers with a small smile. "How's your grandson, Shinsuke, doing?"

"He's doing great. Growing up every day looking more and more like his father," Yumi says with a tender expression as she thinks of her grandchild.

"I'm glad. My granddaughter of mine has such spunk. I'm not sure who she gets it from," Satowa sighs, and Yumi giggles.

"Probably from you," Yumi teases and Satowa slightly frowns.

"That better not be the case," Satowa says with a deadpan look then purses her lips. "Yumi. I know this is coming out of nowhere but would you be able to take care of Kanon for a few months? My grandchild is a good child, spoiled at times, but is a sweet child once you get to know her. I would send her back to her parents but with how busy they are I doubt they'll come pick her up. If you can't do it, it's okay but if you could, it would really mean a lot."

"Satowa, you don't need to feel troubled asking for my help. I'm always willing to be there for you when you need it. Just like how you were there for me back when I needed your help. We've been best friends since we were kids so you can always rely on me if anything happens," Yumi reassures her as she puts her hand on top of Satowa's.

"I'm glad that I can always depend on you whenever I need it," Satowa chuckles. "I just hope that my granddaughter won't be a handful for you. She's a first-year in high school but she's quite useless when it comes to house chores and such."