Chapter One: Crash Landing

"Sorry..." He mumbles. Then the soul broke. She smiled softly, a single, glimmering tear streaking down her face before the option appeared.

*Reset?    Yes      <3 No

She crashed, unaware of the previous timeline and what had occurred. She took her supplies and stepped out of the ship, which had completely smashed into a asteroid belt called 'The Ebott Sector'. Not too far ahead was a white flower, smiling as it was the best day of its tiny flower life. "Howdy! I'm Flowey the flower! You're new to the asteroid belt, aren't 'cha?"

(Your POV)

"Yeah... I'm new?" I say. It sounds more like I'm asking though. I wasn't really paying attention, so when I saw those bullets flying at me, I dodged them like all hell. "Hey buddy, you missed them. Let's try again, okay?" I dodged again, no daring to trust the flower. "Is this a joke? Are you brain dead? RUN. INTO. THE. BULLETS. Friendliness pellets." I only dodge again. The theme song stops slowing down and just stops completely. "You know what's going on here, don't you? You just wanted to see me suffer." The 'pellets' surround me in a circle I can't escape. "DIE." The flower lets out a psychotic laugh. However, the bullets disappear before they hit me. Flowey looks confused before getting blasted off into the distance by a blue, sparkly flame. Suddenly, a kind-looking goat lady stepped through the dark blue passage that had been behind flowey. "Do not be afraid, my child. I am Toriel, caretaker of The Ruins." She helps me up and givings me a warm and reassuring smile. I smile politely back and ask; "Excuse me for asking, but what exactly are The Ruins?"

"Well, The Ruins used to be the main camp for all the monsters-- But everyone eventually moved onto the other places in the asteroid belt. I moved back here after I had some issues with my husband." She explained. I frown a bit. "Sorry about your husband...." She laughs quietly. "It's okay, my child. It wasn't meant to last anyway." She shivered as she spoke. I came to the conclusion that whatever reason she left her husband was, was a good reason. Suddenly we stopped. "We're here!" She hummed. I look at the small and cozy grouse. It was a beautiful shade of dark, sparkly dark blue, which blended in with the sky. Toriel beckoned me inside as she herself entered the house. I hear a rustling and turned around, spotting an array of blue and yellow monsters standing behind me, obviously curious as to what I am doing. "Hello! I really wish I could stay and talk, but I have to go. Bye!" I called as I ran to the door of Toriel's home. Inside, Toriel calls me into the hallway to the right, where she shows me a door. "Here it is... Your very own room! I hope you like it! Oh, I almost forgot to ask, are you a fan of cinnamon and butterscotch?" I nod. "Yeah, I like cinnamon and B-Scotch." She laughs heartily at my slang and walks off to what I'm guessing is the kitchen. I enter the room and start exploring. There are a few stuffed animals, stripped sweaters, and varieties of children shoes. I yawn loudly, cover my mouth in embarrassment. I just noticed how tired I was. I slipped into one of the sweaters and fell asleep.

~TIMESKIP BY THEM AND THEY PRONOUNS~

I opened my eyes, a sweet, sugary smell causes me to sit up in the light blue bed. A warm slice of pie sits on the floor, probably freshly baked just a few moments ago. I pick it up and place it into my bag, noting the plastic wrap that is layered carefully on the baked good. I walk out, seeing Toriel sitting in a chair reading a book titled '72 Uses For Snails'. "Hello, my child, is there something you need?"

*You ask 'When do I go home?'

For a moment, her expression grows darker. "Would you like to hear about this book I am reading? It's called '72 Uses For Snails'. How about it?" I sigh. She quite obviously stalling.

*You ask 'How do I leave The Ruins?'

She stands up and places her book back on the bookshelf. "I have to do something. Stay here." She walks to the basement, which looks much more morbid then it originally had. Actually, the entire house seems more deary. I walk down the steps wearily. She has stopped. "Ahead lies the end of The Ruins. I am going to destroy it. Do not try and stop me." She continues walking the corner and I follow her again. "You cannot leave. They... ASGORE... Will kill you. Go to your room. This is your finally warning." She keeps walking, and I keep following. "You want to leave so badly? Hmmp. You are just like the others." Wait, others? "Prove to me. Prove to me you are strong enough to survive!"

*Toriel sees right through you.

*Spare

I wouldn't dare fight her, I know she just wants to protect me from... someone cruel named Asgore, I guess. I couldn't understand most of what she said. "Fight me or run away!" Toriel calls, sending more blue flames my way. I dodge all but one, causing her to look away in guilt. I yell her name.

*Spare

"Toriel, please stop this! Stop fighting!" Suddenly her attacks start avoiding my Soul. Then, the fight ends abruptly. "I'm so sorry my child. I just..." I interrupt her with a hug. "It's alright, Toriel. I forgive you." She hugs back, small tears dripping onto my back. "Understand you must leave. Please go before I change my mind." I nod, grabbing my bag from the floor when I had left it. "Goodbye, Toriel." "Goodbye, my child." She walk up the stairs, staying completely silent, making me flinch nervously. I walked through the door, only to see Flowey again. "Clever. Veeeery clever. You think you're reeeally smart, don't y-- HEY!" He yells as I right past him. I don't like that flower thing, so I'll avoid him as much as possible. I open the gate to reveal a snowy area beneath the stars. I carefully wade through the snow, making my legs fell cold and numb. I pause at a rather large stick.

*A branch. It's too heavy to pick up. It seems familiar.

I look at it for a moment. For some bizarre reason, I do recognize it. Quickly shaking off the feeling, I continue down the path, hearing a loud snap from behind me. As I turn around and see a flash of glowing blue before setting eyes on the branch. It has been shattered to bits. I turn back around as fast as I possibly can and walk faster, hearing footsteps behind me, crunching in the snow quietly. For a split second I see a shadow coming closer and close towards me. I stop at a strange wooden gate of some sort, freezing at the sound of footsteps. It feels like I'm completely frozen in the snow. The footsteps stop and then I feel warm breath on my neck, causing me to let out a small whimper. "H U M A N." I shiver nervously at the deep, strangely recognizably voice. "Don't you know how to greet a new pal? Turn around..."

" A N D S H A K E M Y H A N D. "

(A/N: I hope you like my project! By the time I wrote this, other stories had been updated, but I promise that this will be a well-worked on book with long chapters! This chapter, not counting the author's note, is 1235 words long. I hope it was worth it! Thanks for 2k reads on Hidden Inside and 2k on Poems! Also 69 followers. That's a shit-ton of knives! Yeah, I'm calling my followers Knives. Problem?> Thank you so much. BOI!)