Fever Talk

Categories: Fluff/Pre-Solangelo

💀💀💀

The infirmary was empty, but Will Solace sat in there anyway. He tapped his pen on his desk in boredom. With a sigh, he pushed his chair out and stood up.

Will took off his white lab coat and hung it on the back of the chair.

"Will," someone said, their voice was strained and raspy.

The blonde turned immediately, recognising Nico's voice.

His face was flushed and calmmy, and he looked like he was going to collapse. Will rushed over and let him lean on him.

Once they made it to the closest cot, Will took his temperature and placed a wet wash cloth on his forehead.

"You must've caught it off one of the Hermes kids," Will muttered to himself, the flu had been going around camp for about a week now.

"Hey Will," Nico said in a daze.

"Hmm~" He sang, fumbling around, looking for his notepad.

Nico got comfortable under the covers and snuggled into his pillow. "You're really cute."

Will stopped what he was doing, taken aback. He wasn't sure if it was the son of Hades talking or the fever.

"You're not so bad yourself, Neeks." Will smiled, brushing back Nico's fringe.

"No, I mean really cute," he mumbled.

They had been flirting with each other for weeks now. Will was planning to make the first move, but Nico had beat him to it.

"I'll be right back with some water, you need fluids." Will turned his back for a second, and Nico fell asleep.

💀💀💀

Nico's long, black eyelashes finally fluttered as his eyes opened. Next to him lay a sleeping Will with his head on the side of the bed.

The words 'you're cute' kept replaying in his head every time he looked at the other boy.

"Morning, Death Boy," Will turned his head and sleepily smiled.

Oh god. Nico remembered what he said.

Will leaned in closer, their faces were now only inches away. "I guess I'm your type?"

Nico wanted to bury his head in his hands, but the personal-space-invader wouldn't give him a chance.

He went an embarrassingly shade of red. "I, um,"

"It's okay," Will sat back and laughed, "I know it was the fever talking. I get it all the time."

Then, Nico did something so unexpected that he even surprised himself. He uncharacteristically grabbed Will's arm, and pulled him back. He closed the gap between them by planting a kiss on his lips. Will relaxed his shoulders and ran his fingers through Nico's thick hair.

Since Bianca had died, he hadn't been able to get close to anyone. But now there was Will. This singing, ray of sunshine had found the key to his locked up feelings. Feelings that he'd forgot about.

"Nice move, Death Boy," Will breathed out once they pulled away.

"Don't call me-"

"So you two are official now?" Someone said, coughing into their hand.

"Hey Jason," Will said casually.
"I'm sorry," he looked at the floor, "I should've knocked!"

Nico couldn't believe how natural Will was acting. Jason had just walked in on them having a moment, and he was acting like it was nothing happened.

He stared at his... his boyfriend? Was Will Solace his boyfriend now?

Nico tuned back into the conversation, over hearing Will say,
"-and then he called me cute!"

"Will!" Nico nudged him.

He looked back and smiled innocently.

As they stared lovingly into each other's eyes, Jason slowly backed out the door. "I was just checking to see if Nico got here okay, and I can see that he is in good hands, so I'll give you two some space."

They were alone once again. Will held Nico's hand with his much larger one. Nico resisted the urge to pull back.

"So are you feeling better?" Will asked, placing his hand on Nico's head. His temperature had gone down.

Nico pushed his hand away. "I was fine anyway."

"You were not fine! You looked even more like death than usual!" Will protested, hoping to get past Nico's tough guy act.

"I was fine." Nico pressed.

Will sighed and shrugged his shoulders. "Whatever you say Death Boy,"

"Stop with the-" Nico started, but before he finished, Will leaned in and kissed him on the forehead.

💀💀💀

A/N: Thank you for reading:3