Night at Yamaguchi's

"Its 7 pm. Where r u Tsukki?"

That was the text that Tsukishima got from Tadashi. Was it 7 pm already? He longed to be back in the afternoon, laying in his creaky yet comfortable bed, dreaming, sweet dreams, not about strawberry shortcake nor dinosaurs. Sweet dreams about something particularly odd in a way, for he'd never expect, not even think, that he'd been dreaming about his close friend Yamaguchi. No one else would give that a thought or, by chance, a second thought, for the thought would be quickly washed away by Kei's snarky rude attitude towards the boy. The only one who would think of the very notion was Yamaguchi himself, but he learned not to get his hopes up very high. Of course, everyone would guess more than one time that Tadashi has a total crush on the other boy. That thought definitely, but never would they ever guess that Tsukishima might be developing a liking for Yama. Not even Tsukki thought that he's was even attractive, so could it just be a friend-thing to think of? Kei was never really into the kind of friend-thing that Yama was into.
Tsukki's brother, Akiteru, had in fact suggested that there was an intimate relationship between to two, and the impression has been creeping up more often, especially after his brother had told him that they were going to meet up at Yamaguchi's house. The thought made its way to when Tsukki had came out, because it was very likely that he had emerged feelings for his friend.
Now, as Tsukki strolled over to Yamaguchi's house, he tried to avoid that romantic idea. The freezing night breeze made his soul feel so cold, and stuffing his hands in his pockets would not make the feeling go away. The sounds of his footsteps echoed down the almost empty street, with the roaring of an occasional car here or there. As he approached the house, he felt warmth curdle up inside him, as if the very sun was attracting him towards the comfy glow of it. He reached the doorstep and knocked.
Almost immediately the door swung open and a grab forcefully invited him in. He stared down at the freckled boy that now stood in front of him, and his crooked white teeth shone like stars. "Hi, Tsukki!" Tadashi greeted him, then dragged him through a dark wooden door, into a spacey room with light blue walls and hardwood floors complimenting the color of the door. In a corner of the room sat a grand piano resting on a blue fluffy rug, near towering bookcases. In the middle of the room was a set of couches, accompanied by a tv, and a coffee tables stacked with movies of all genres. And by the door was a giant grandfather clock. To be honest, Tsukishima thought it as a dream home. He didn't think houses like this existed in real life.
"So..." Yamaguchi sat down on one of the surprisingly comfy couches, scooting over to let his crush sit down. "What do you suggest we do first?"
Tsukki took interest in the numerous movies heaped, and sorted through them, examining one film after another. He finally settled on a corny horror movie (There wasn't much horror movies to begin with) in hopes of getting a reaction from his friend. He didn't know why he wanted one. He just did.

~~~~~~~>(^w^)<~~~~~~~~

Soon after they had settled in to watch the movie, the two had grown tired of the unthrilling jump scares and "terror" scenes, so they stopped the movie mid-way and wondered they should do then.
"Do you know how to play the piano?"
Tsukishima hadn't even known that he was staring directly at Yamaguchi, and he didn't even know he had asked a question, even uttered a word out of his mouth.
"Yeah!" Tadashi answered, "Wanna see?"
They sat at the piano, and Yama readied himself. Then he majestically and elegantly started playing a beautiful tune as his fingers glided skillfully across the keys. The music sounded jumbled and unorganized at first, but then Kei could make out an alluring song, as if every cog fit and worked perfectly together. When the melody hit the highest note, he found himself staring at Yamaguchi, which he felt was a mesmerizing sight.
Now, Tsukishima realized, that theres a problem he can't solve. This is one puzzling jigsaw he could never finish: Love. He admits that he found it totally confusing whenever he caught Hinata and Kageyama holding hands, or Daichi and Sugawara sneaking kisses during practice, or Nishinoya and Tanaka fainting over Kiyoko.
Why did they decide they were in love?

What makes them so sure?

Why do you get feelings about love?

What happens when those butterflies in your stomach are gone?

What makes a person attractive?

When he tried asking these questions to Akiteru, he got shut down.
"Love is a life mystery. You can't figure everything out. You just feel it. That's how you know you're in love." Akiteru told him.
Even then he still tried to make sense of it. But now? Now he knew what he was feeling. To anyone it would just be love, but to him, it was logical. His green eyes, round face spotted with freckle after freckle, small and almost untouchable lips- it was obvious it was attractive to him. He didn't need to ask why. He was in love.
" How was it?" He noticed the freckled boy staring at him, apparently waiting for a response.
" Um, i-it was really cool..." He answered lamely, then he stuttered, trying to fix his tone." Seriously, i-it was great. You're really talented, Yamaguchi..."
Yamaguchi smiled, sheepishly." It's nothing really..." He focuses on the black and white keys of the piano.
" I'm not kidding. You're an artist, or something. Really." Tsukishima feels himself believing this more, but stops before he says anything ridiculous. There was an awful moment of silence, where the two stared into eachothers orbs, both who wished the moment would never end. A small part of Tsukishima told him to go in for the kiss, it practically screaming. The voice rose in his head until all the other noises (as if there were any noises) were blocked out. He wasn't surprised when he found himself mouth to mouth with Yamaguchi, the other boy clearly shocked. Both of them melted into the kiss, Tsukishima's arms wrapping around Tadashi's shoulders, while Tadashi's are slowly drifting down to Tsukishima's waist. Kei didn't want it to end, but when Yama pulled away, he sighed.
"Tsukki..." He looked at Yamaguchi, whose face was flushed and flustered. "I, um... I-"
"I love you, too, Yamaguchi." Then he kissed him again, their love flowing deep into midnight, until they both realized they were tired. They fell exhausted on the couch, Yamaguchi on top of Tsukishima, his arms tightly secured to him. Tsukishima found love on that night at Yamaguchi's.