Work It Out & Make It Real [KaiSoo]

"Kyungsoo, we need to talk."

From the tone of Kai's voice, Kyungsoo knew that something bad was coming.  "If you're going to break up with me, let's not talk about it."

Kai was startled even though he knew that Kyungsoo always had a sharp intuition.  Because of this intuition, he can sometimes know, assume, and predict things even if it's not 100% accurate all the time.  "I'm sorry, Kyungsoo, but I'm not happy anymore."

"Didn't I do everything to make you happy?"  Kyungsoo frowned.  He knew about Kai only having short relationships.  It's not because Kai got bored fast.  It's because Kai believes that relationships are only nice at the beginning.

There were a lot of things Kai didn't like being in a relationship such as being late on dates, forgetting important dates like birthdays, being too clingy or possessive, and other things that would lead into a lover's quarrel.  He also doesn't like it when things doesn't go the way he wants or when he doesn't get what he wants.  Kyungsoo always made sure to keep all of the things Kai didn't like in his mind, so he wouldn't do those things.

As a result, they never got into a fight, so why was Kai still breaking up with him?  Before Kai could answer the question, Kyungsoo spoke again.  "Nevermind.  Don't answer that question.  If you want to break up, let's just do it."

"You seriously are going to go along with everything and anything I want including breaking up?  Don't you even want to know why I'm breaking up with you?"  Kai was starting to get annoyed, and Kyungsoo could feel that.

Usually, Kyungsoo would always try to do something to get rid of that annoyance or at least make Kai feel less annoyed; however, he really couldn't give a damn this time around.  After all, Kai was breaking up with him.  "No.  I seriously don't give a fuck with whatever your reason may be."  Kyungsoo felt satisfied when he saw the shock on Kai's face.  "What?  You think I'm such a good guy because you've never heard me curse?"

"That's exactly why I'm breaking up with you.  I knew you were just keeping up a facade."  Kai frowned.  Suddenly, he could see Kyungsoo changing into another person in front of him.  It wasn't the Kyungsoo he knew or dated.

"What about those other people you dated before me?  They were all being true to themselves, but you broke up with all of them because there were so many things that you didn't like.  I made that facade for our relationship to work and to make it last longer, but I guess you'll always find a reason to keep your all of your relationships short including this."

"Do you know what you've been all this time, Kyungsoo? Fake and plastic.  Definitely the kind of person I wouldn't want to be with."  Kai just earned himself a backslap on the cheek from Kyungsoo.

"That was for all of the times I wanted to be angry at you but stopped myself because you don't like lover's quarrel and couple fights."  Kyungsoo was seething in anger now.  "You're lucky that even without the facade, I'm not much of a violent person because I would probably punch and kick the hell out of you if I were."