That One Winter ❄

Where loneliness meets him,

and fear meets her;

two warm hearts will collide,

and meet on That One Winter.

❄❄❄

Jack Frost stayed up that one cold night on top of somebody else's rooftop as he watched the bubbly little Sandman, or Sandy as he calls him, twirling and weaving golden dreams from his fingers.

His eyes screamed cold with the tint of blue in them. But as he watched Sandy create the dreams for the people around them, his eyes yelled nothing but bitter happiness.

As he watched the dreams twirled with wanderlust in the starlit sky, he wondered, what if... he never fell in that icy pond and saved his sister? Will he be happy being normal? Will he be a happy and reckless teenager, content with the temporary happiness that Sandy gave in his dreams?

He sighed. He knew he shouldn't be thinking of this absurd what-ifs, because he never regretted saving his sister -- even if it costed him; even if it costed his life.

But Jack couldn't help but feel empty inside as he grip his staff in one hand, creating icy snowflakes in the thin air.

Sure, he had his friends, his fellow guardians to be with him. Sure, he had made some children believe. Sure, Tooth -- the energetic tooth fairy -- might be fond of him in the most odd way yet, but Jack didn't feel the same way. He knew he wasn't sad. But he knew he wasn't happy either. He was empty.

And he was longing for something else, someone new. But right now, he had to embrace the emptiness, and the loneliness that he was currently feeling in his chest, as the knot in his stomach tightened.

Loneliness. It was a bitter word for Jack.

❄❄❄

The newly-crowned Queen Elsa of Arendelle looked out her frosted window to see the starlit sky gazing over the kingdom. She sighed and raised her palms for her to examine whether having the magical power of ice and snow was a blessing or a curse.

Two weeks had already passed since the betrayal of Prince Hans to her sister, Princess Anna. She was quite relieved to know that the kingdom of Arendelle had grown to love her for who she was, and the fact that there were no more douchebags like Hans to mess with her kingdom.

But Elsa knew her fear wasn't really gone, yet.

Being the new queen, the pressure of being able to take care of the kingdom had its toll on her. All night long, when one was awake no more, she would fiddle with her innermost thoughts, thinking about questions she shouldn't be asking.

What if she never surpass as a good queen? What if her powers got out of hand? What if she was a monster again? The thoughts lingered on her mind for several days now, and Elsa knew she needed a breakthrough, something to keep her mind out of things.

The pressure, tension and fear mindboggling her emotions was getting out of hand; it was as if she was repeating the past again, fear eating up her own self.

Elsa placed a hand on her forehead, massaging her temples. Sometimes she wished she could be normal again, so that she wouldn't be this afraid -- afraid of being herself.

She glanced around her room and as if a nightmare had taken over, the room had become dark and cold, ice shards growing from the corners of the room. Fear resented in her face, she quickly opened the door and ran out of her room, ran out of the castle, somewhere she hoped fear would never follow her.