Prologue.

Mrs. Styles and Mrs. Swift were having a cup of tea in the backyard.

 Mrs. Styles always thought Mrs. Swift’s house was a little bit too polished and cold, she preferred having huge paintings and any other striking, outstanding decorations. But she made the effort of visiting the Swifts.

She watched as her son played with Taylor, Mrs. Swift’s daughter. They were only toddlers but they seemed to get along pretty well.

“So have you thought about what Des and I suggested to you and your husband earlier this morning?” Mrs. Styles asked as she took a sip from her porcelain cup.

Mrs. Swift hesitated for a moment.

“Yes, but we refuse to take our daughter’s freedom away from her.” The blonde lady answered. “We will be able to overcome this economic downturn soon, but thank you for trying to help us out.”

Mrs. Styles blinked a few times and carefully placed the cup on the table.

“What? I can’t believe this Andrea!” She got up from the chair. “How can you say no to such an important proposal?!  This is outrageous!”

Mrs. Swift, confused, tried to calm her down.

“Anne, please-“

“You know what? It’s better for our children to be away from each other, I don’t want my little sunshine to be near some stinky, homeless child.” She cut her off.

Mrs. Swift couldn’t believe what was happening, she got up from the chair and was whiling to say some things to that rude woman, but she calmed down when she watched her pick her son from the ground and walk away.

She walked up to her daughter, who was playing with a doll on a sandbox and sat next to her, the little girl looked up at her mum and, proudly, showed her the doll.

Mrs. Swift smiled at her. “We will never let anyone hurt you, Taylor.”

She picked her up from the ground and walked in the house, looking forward to see her daughter grow up happily, but still worried about what the future holds.