Chapter 1

You were in the midst of battle, fighting could be heard around you. You cast spell after spell sending monsters flying, turning a few to dust while knocking some back with blasts of electricity leaving your fingertips.
A stray magic arrow pierced your shoulder, causing you to fall backwards. Your head hit a rock knocking you unconscious.
~
You came to in a makeshift cell made with magic spears for bars under a tent. It took you a minute, groggy due to the concussion you received and blood loss from the wound to realize you were not in your own camp.
You would try to swallow your fear if your mouth wasn't so dry. You sat up and tried to cast a spell but your hands were bound behind your back with magic draining handcuffs.
You felt like you were going to freak out.
You tried to calm yourself, tried to breath...
Nothing you can do, just sit put. Panicking will just make it worse...
You told yourself, then decided to do the only thing you can, listen carefully to what they were saying around you.
Not long after you awoke you could see the silhouette of two monsters, one was talking and the other, tall figure was moving his hands.
"I still say its dangerous to keep a human here and a mage no less... ... Yes I know... ... I still say Doctor Gaster you shouldn't go in there... ... Yes I know she is bound but still... ... Very well your right go and take care of her but since you want her alive she is your responsibility... ... good day to you too Doctor Gaster." the first person left but the tall person got closer to the tent and you heard him open it. You tried to scoot backwards till your back hit the spears behind you. The magic shot pain through your body and you moved away from them again as you saw him step into your tent.
He was a skeleton and he was tall, having to lean a little forward in the small tent. He wore a lab coat that was probably white once now stained and torn from war and age. He held a medical kit and a notebook.
"W-w-who are you? what are you going to do to me?" You demanded. In any other situation he would be under your spells and turned to dust but you were now at his mercy. You were far from physically fit seeing as you mainly trained in magic. 
He moved his hand in a way that looked like sign language but not one you ever seen before. You shake your head at him.
"I-I don't... I don't understand..." He sighed and pulled out his notebook and wrote something down and held it up in front of you.
"C-can you write in characters... I can read?" He sighed again and began writing.
"I forget that humans can't understand"
He held up the note in front of you and began writing again.
"I am going to check your wound and change your bandages. Is there anything else that hurts?"
"N-not that I know of but... why do you care? We are at war... why help me?"
He shrugged at you and wrote something down.
"I have my reasons"
He wrote again.
"Don't try anything funny you are surrounded."
You nod as he uses magic to slip between the bars.
You noticed the holes in his hands.
"What happened there" You ask as he approaches you. You flinch a bit, nervous about a monster approaching you. He says nothing as he starts changing your bandages.
"Oh right you can't speak and I can't read your hands..." He was surprisingly gentle, glancing at your expression every once in awhile as though making sure you weren't in too much pain.
He stepped back once he was done.
"Th-thank you" Dr Gaster gave you a smile in response and started writing something down.
"I am glad you are feeling better... the others might not be as kind, please cooperate"
You didn't say anything, you knew there were some things you couldn't talk about. He sighed and headed out leaving you alone in the tent.
You never thought a monster would be so nice. 

Gaster~

A pleasant specimen to say the least... Anyone else we captured struggled and basically killed themselves trying to escape. 
She was smart, she stayed put at least for now. Maybe I can learn a little more about humans from her. Maybe I can learn more about her... she did have a beautiful looking soul, so vibrant and full of color. 
I sighed and went back to my "lab" which was just a tent with some of my equipment in it. I wonder how long she will survive here.