Chapter 1:

The land of Niliawn is, beyond the reach of your little village, a place of magic and heroes, of travelling parties of adventurers who seek fame and fortune. On occasion a small convoy would stop in the square to sell exotic goods, and leave old Mrs. Harrow and her chickens in a state of agitation. You didn't see much of them, as the farm where you lived with your parents was on the outskirts, where you could sit at the window and watch the green hills roll as far as the eye could see. 

"[Y/C]? Are you awake?"

You hear your mother just before you turn the corner, and are greeted with a warm smile, a bowl of oatmeal steaming on the table behind her. 

"Yeah Mum, I'm up." You reply, using the back of your hand to wipe the sleep from your eye. The kitchen is small, with a little cast-iron stove and a modest pantry. The table is small too, the dark oak solid under your hands, the three-legged stool sturdy beneath you. Your great grandfather had built the barn a long time ago, before leaving it to his son and taking off with a league of bards after the unfortunate and untimely death of his first wife. Your grandfather had passed it down to your father, and now, as the only known heir, the little farm on the outskirts of town would be yours someday. 

With this in mind, you eat your oatmeal. It is warm, and slightly sweetened, with small red berries mixed throughout. It is truly your favorite breakfast, though you can't remember eating any other. 

You get several spoonfuls in before you notice it. 

A small coin purse sits at the edge of the table, the leather pouch's thick drawstring pulled tight. If you had to guess, you would estimate about 20 copper coins, the everyday currency around these parts. You look to your mother with an eyebrow raised.

"What's this for?"

"I was hoping you could run an errand today, [Y/C]." She says, sitting down across from you, her face still young despite the slight wrinkles from smiling so much. She was at her happiest in the mornings, and while she worked, and while preparing supper, and as she sat on the porch and watched the stars. "You can miss one day of chores. We need another cow, after what happened to poor, sweet Frances, bless her heart." An uncommon frown. The cow, an older milk cow, had been found dead one morning, a week or two ago. Wolves were always finding ways to get at the livestock, so it wasn't a surprise, though still shocking. You nod, solemnly. 

"Of course Mum, I'd be happy to." 

You would be happy to, really. Journeys to the village were always fun and exciting, especially when people bartered over strange items brought in by the wandering adventurers. You finished your oatmeal and stood up, taking the purse and leaving the house after giving your mother a quick kiss in the cheek. 

You were almost 19, an adult already in the eyes of the law of the land, as well as in the eyes of your parents. The farm was where you chose to stay, though sometimes you could not help but fantasize about the life of a traveler, an adventurer, or a wandering bard. 

A short walk later found you in the village square, And you immediately knew something was amiss. The shopkeepers had left their stalls, some fleeing, but most standing in a circle around the well. 

As you walked closer, you could see two people fighting, a young drow elf with long white hair, and a cloaked figure. They seemed to be evenly matched, the drow fighting with a pair of daggers and swift movements, the cloak moving just as swiftly, hands hidden beneath the long sleeves. 

In a flash, you, the crowd, and the elf were knocked back. The villagers screamed and started to run for cover as the heavy magic winds blew through the air, chilling you through your light cotton shirt. You knew enough to tell that this guy was a powerful sorcerer. If someone didn't do something, and fast, this was going be ugly. With a deep breath, you step forward, letting the plan come to you in the moment. You'd better think fast, as now you stood between the combatants, Both looking into you.

Do You:

A) Use your Strength: You grew up on a farm, and have worked up quite the physical strength. Thell this cloaked guy to beat it, or else.

B) Use your Wisdom: You know a thing or two about breaking up fights, and are well read in magic. You know you can't fight him, so why not ask him politely to leave?

C) Use your Charisma: You've got a pouch full of copper coins! Offer them to the man in exchange for the life of the elf.

D) Use your Agility: You're quick on your feet, run away as fast as you ran in!