Before the Great Mushroom War

I took my usual hot steaming shower, making sure to wash all the lavender smelling soap off of me. I hurried to get dressed, my mother was due home any minute, and I still haven't finished any of my chores or homework. Procrastination and I were becoming good friends.

I quickly washed all the dishes and mopped the floors, raced through systems of linear equations and skipped my English reading assignment. Today is a very special day, although not for many other people.
When my mom finally got home, it was already seven o'clock. I was filled with so much excitement by then, I slightly thought I was going to explode. She walked in the door, with nothing. I could feel myself deflate immediately, knowing I shouldn't have expected it. Until I hear someone else coming up the stairs.

My uncle Pen came up the stairs with a light gray box, about the length of my body. It was the last piece I needed to complete my latest invention. I had been working on something similar to the old Giant Hadron Collider, except instead of giving speed to protons to find a Higs Boson, it detected stable black holes . I had been working on this for a good three years, and the whole first year was probably trying to create and solve the mathematical equations.

I worked on the final touches all night long, making sure every little minuscule detail was correct to the core. If just a tiny little part was misplaced, or a I miscalculated by .001 year, the results would multiply as farther I traveled.

I know what you're probably thinking, "How did you even get permission to do this?" Well, I'll tell you. It was not easy, there were a whole bunch of contracts that the government sent me, paperwork, fines at times, and sometimes angry letters written by civilians. But we worked out an agreement that I can only travel to the future, because we don't know what the future is yet. But enough of this hoopla, lets get back to the story.

I plotted the points on the glowing, virtual screen, all the way up to the year 6022 a.d. If I could travel this far ahead, then I knew this was for real, and I could be the first to accomplish time travel. Ever. And I'm only 14 years old. I pressed the glowing green "Go" button, and held my finger there for what felt like a good minute or two. Contemplating the ginormous effect this has on my current year. Everybody will go crazy if it works, and if not, then they'll think I'm a failure.

I let go of the hold I had on the tablet. and suddenly I could see a bright light. It grew brighter and brighter by every second. I looked down at my tablet, and it showed the years pass by, each year a growing shorter into milliseconds. Until the light finally was gone and I was outside.