.

It was early morning on a cold winter's day. At this time the Night Bloggers had succumbed to the cold grasp of sleep. Well, the caffeine had worn off and they had collapsed into a sleep deprived daze. The memes were safe, but not for long. Thanks to time zones the American Night Bloggers would soon attack.

        Pepe was crying in the corner. He knew his time would soon be up and he would have to join the Dead Memes. By the time the American Night Bloggers arrived he would be long gone. It happens to every meme, they all know their fate. At first they would just be a funny joke that's shared amongst a group of friends, but then they become more and more popular until they're shared all over the world. However, they soon become over used and die out.
        You see, Pepe seemed to be the one meme that defied that rule. He had been going strong since two thousand and five and, even when he thought his time was up, a new 'Rare Pepe' picture would spread. But this time it was different. There was a new frog meme about.
        "Here come dat boi!" shouted Uma Kompton.
        Pepe just couldn't understand what made Dat Boi so special, all he did  was ride that stupid unicycle! Surely at least one of Pepe's many variations could do that.
        "It could be worse," thought Pepe. "At least I'm not a Meme Who Never Lived".
        The Memes Who Never Lived were the group of memes who only lasted for a short time. 'Damn Daniel' was the leader of the group, his white vans now grey from the dirt of the Punderworld. The Punderworld was the final resting place for the memes, an obnoxiously happy room where they would be forever haunted by puns. It would break even the strongest of memes. Rumour has it that 'Challenge Accepted' was now a weeping mess.
        Accepting his fate, Pepe walked towards the big blue door at the end of the dark alley. Behind this door lay the grim land of Facebook. A meme was never truly dead until it was shared about Facebook by middle aged women in an attempt to be 'relatable'.
        "This is it," whispered Pepe as he passed through the door.

        The journey was long and tiring but eventually Pepe made it. He was officially a dead meme.
        The gates of the Punderworld were made of rock. Looking up Pepe saw a herd of goats near the top of the wall.
        "What're you doing up there?" he called.
        "We're climbing nearly ninety degrees angles to lick salt deposits off of this rock," replied a goat. "We crave that mineral"
        Pepe shrugged and continued his journey into the Punderworld, passing many old friends along the way. Something was different about them. John Cena no longer held a smug smirk on his face, Grumpy cat was now 'Emotionally Unstable Cat', and Doge sat rocking back and forth in the corner, surrounded by square flakes, whispering "don't cry, craft" to himself over and over again. They seemed... broken.
        Suddenly Pepe was blinded by a bright light.
        " God? Is that you?" he asked
        " I suppose you could say that," replied a familiar voice.
"Is that..? No, it can't be!" thought Pepe.
"I know what you're thinking. Yes, it's me"
"Chuck Norris? How did you become God?"
"I was the first one here. I didn't expect the others to go along with it but they believed everything I said" chuckled Chuck Norris. "Now, I think that's enough chit chat. I'm sorry Pepe, but the Night Bloggers need you. You must return to the Internet and put an end to Dat Boi. I believe in you, now go and make me proud".

THE END