Fairyfloss

"Fairyfloss Serenity Jada Rose, get down here right away!" screeched my mother. " Our guests are about to arrive and you still haven't set the table."

"Okay mother" I replied. " Its not like they haven't known us all of their lives!"

My mother could be quite obsessive sometimes. Whether the floor wasn't completely spotless or the rug was slightly crooked, there was always a massive fuss to be made.

I quickly grabbed the knives and forks and spread them out over the old oak table that had been passed down the generations in my family, It was going to be a fun night, I thought to myself. Suddenly, the doorbell rang. I straightened my black skirt and raced to the door.

"Oh Fairyfloss" Mrs McAdams gushed. " Its so lovely to see you, it has been forever!"

"Hey Flossie!" exclaimed my bestest friend in the world, Grace. " Thanks for inviting us over!"

" Its no problem!" I replied, putting the beautiful frangipanis that they gave me onto the table. " Come in!"

Just as Grace's family of four had taken a seat at the dining table, my mother walked into the room.

" How are you Angela?" asked my mother. " Thank you for coming around tonight!"

Before our mothers could get into one or their hour long conversations, us children escaped the lounge room.

" How are you, Ruby and Scarlett?" I asked the twins as I poured us all a drink.

" Great!" they replied in unison. " We both got the highest mark for our year 5 spelling test!"

" That sounds awesome!" I exclaimed. " Hopefully Maya will be down here soon and you guys can hang out!"

Before the twins could reply, my 12 year old sister, Maya, walked through the door.

"Heya guys!" yelled as she entered the room. " Why don't you come up to my room?"

The three of them scuttled up the stairs as Gracie and I turned on the tv. As Gracie went to a different school to me, we had a lot to catch up on!

" Guess what!" shrieked Gracie. " Connor asked me out!"

"Oh my god!" I replied. " I knew those love letters were from him!"

We spent the next hour gossiping about the school skanks and hot guys.

As Gracie and I sat down at the dining table, my mother and father served up our elaborate meal. Even though there was only 8 of us, this meal was fit for a king (and the rest of the royal family!) The main dishes were herb-crusted fish with roasted asparagus, mini ginger chicken burgers with lime mayonnaise and prawn, tomato and basil risotto. On the side were two salads; pumpkin and spinach salad and Caesar salad. There was also choice of pumpkin soup or minestrone soup. It looked simply delicious!

"Thank you for this wonderful meal, mum and dad." I thanked. " It was wonderful! Now I shall bring out desert, which I baked earlier today."

After pottering around in the kitchen for a couple of minutes, I walked back to the dinner table with my beautiful tiramisu cake. Everyone tucked into it's creamy mocha deliciousness, and in less than 10 minutes, it was almost finished!

" So, Gracie?" I asked. " Are we still on for the beach tomorrow?"

"Hell yeah!" she exclaimed. " I can't wait!"

" Me either." I replied . " We are picking you up at 10, and you have to wear your rainbow bikini!"

" Haha sure. " she giggled. " Do you mind if I invite Connor?"

" Of course!" I replied enthusiastically. " I have to meet your new boyfriend."

" Thank you so much for the most delicious meal ever, but we better get going now." said Mrs McAdams.

" Thanks for coming" said my mother. "I'm sorry that James couldn't make it!"

After saying my goodbyes, I raced up to my beach themed bedroom. Yes, my walls are blue, my bed duvet is an image of a wave and I have about 10 pictures on my wall, which surprise, surprise are all about the beach. I swear that I am not obsessed! Just as I was about to jump in the shower, my phone emitted a loud beep and I checked my messages. It was from Gracie! She really is a text-a-holic! Not even one street away from my house and she is already texting me!