MISSION OF PROOF (completed)

THIS IS MY FIRST TIME WRITING SO PLEASE BARE WITH ME AND ALL COMENTS REALLY ARE WELCOME AND IF YOU CAN OFFER ADVICE THEN FEEL FREE TO DO SO.

     PROOF

CHAPTER ONE

Brad was sitting at the local café waiting for his order of a strong espresso.

 The waitress turned up with his order.

“Sir” the waitress said

Brad didn’t seem to be listening to the waitress

“Sir” the waitress attempted to get his attention

“Do you want milk or cream” The waitress still trying to get his attention

Still, Brad seemed to be in a world of his own

Cough, cough, Brad jumped. “sorry sir you were miles away” said the waitress.

“sorry, I have a lot of things on my mind right now” Brad apologised.

“anything I can help with” the waitress said

“Na, just some big meeting I have with my superiors” Brad said

“sounds serious” said the waitress

“maybe” Said Brad

“but anyway, I will have cream, Thanks” Brad said

“no problem, anytime you want to talk, just give me a shout” Said the waitress

“I might just do that. Thanks” Brad said

“Sorry I didn’t catch your name”

That’s because I never told you. Its Sally”

“ok Sally, well I’m Brad and maybe I will stop by we could go for a  drink sometime”

“yeah maybe, see you soon. Oh and good luck with your meeting”

“thanks, I think I’m going to need it”

Brad poured the cream into his espresso and dropped two sugar cubes in to the steaming strong coffee. Mixing it slowly whilst thinking of what this meeting was going to be about.

 After a short time, Brad stood up and started to walk towards the barracks in Hereford. On his way the weather started to change. The clouds started to connect and create what felt like a very heavy atmosphere. The sort of weather he felt comfortable in. The wind began to pick up and a mist of rain started to fall causing a distant fog.

As he approached the barracks his mind began to focus on the meeting with his commanding officer again, but was soon distracted when a voice shouts “STOP, ID PLEASE”

It was Geordie.

“Eh”

“Brad, is that you”

“Fucking right its me, who do you think it is”

“Sorry, thought I was going to have to shoot your arse hahaha”

“to be honest don’t think that would have been a bad thing considering”

“Considering what”

“got a meeting….”

“oh say no more, been there myself, go on through”

“cheers bud, see you soon………I hope haha”

As Brad walked past Geordie and the his dog on duty, they commented on the weather

“I hate this weather cold, wet, dark. I’m sick of it man“.