Double Date

Double date. Two words not even directed to you. Those two words ripped me into two halves. You were like a lost puppy. Lost that day. No idea of what was to happen in the future. The news broke me. Did I love you or was I scared of losing you. To this day I don't know. I cried two days straight over you till there were no more tears. Now when I think of you with her I don't feel anything. No tears no jealousy. Sometimes I feel like you love me more then I do. Everyday you tell me things that make my heart skip a beat. I can never be on par with you. Because I don't know if I love you. 

I've told you things no one else knows. I trust you. But you shouldn't trust me. I'll hold your secrets but not your heart. So for now I'm pushing you away. But as hard as I try I keep coming back. I've told you things to try to scare you away but your like a rock. I can't escape you.

You don't judge me but yet I feel guilty for partying. So I've stopped. I've replaced it all with you. Your intoxicating. Just your presence makes me buzz; your my alcohol. I'm addicted to you; your my drug.

I don't love you yet. I wish I never said it back. You deserve so much better.

One day I will say those two words and you will feel it. It won't be a white lie. It'll be genuine and you will feel the intensity. I am slowly falling in love with you.

My own little bear. I'll hold your heart as long as you wait for mine. I'm your alligator and your my Bear.