Prologue

Dear June,

I can't begin to tell you how much I miss you. The past few weeks have been busy, and I haven't found time to write. I write bits and pieces in my down time, with few hopes I can finish it soon and get this sent over seas to you and Rachel. The month started off busy, however as the days progress we seem to be more on- call. Waiting to be deployed into combat if needed. Currently, we're stationed at Camp Dwyer in Garmsir District in Afghanistan, not far off from where we'd be needed for action. I enjoy every second of peace I can get, although I also enjoy the thrill of being in combat.

I only hope you're not too worried for me, and you and Rachel are handling yourselves well. If there's one thing I could do, it would be to be back home with you.

Don't worry, it'll happen soon enough.

How is Rachel? Her grades, her friends, sports? Does she have a boyfriend yet? She's so pretty. I'm sure she'll snag a guy too. She was blessed with looks just like you.

My heart aches for you. I dream of you all the time, and the distance is killing me. I know you must feel the same too, and I hope you aren't too upset that I've gone.

It was just something I felt like I had to do.

I don't ever regret it.

Even though we're separated with lack of communication, I feel you in my heart all of the time. I have your beautiful face engraved in my mind, and I don't go one second without thinking of you, and Rachel.

I miss you both more than you could fathom.

I'll try and write back as soon as I can, and never forget I love you and I miss you.

Until next letter...

                                                                                                                       Your husband,

                                                                                                                                               Aaron