Prologue

Hello and welcome to the sequel to Tower Falling! If you've seen Now You See Me 2, you should get the title (unless I'm too obscure; I couldn't think of another title, so we're going with this). It should also be safe to read this prologue, even if you haven't seen the movie. A couple of things get spoiled, but nothing major at all - I promise. So, I hope you guys enjoy this! I doubt I'll be updating this before the movie is released on DVD, as I'm gonna jump right into the movie after the prologue. Hopefully this will tide you guys over until then? I thought we could all do with some fluffiness.

Also, check out the trailer I made for the first book! (I know, it's shitty.) I'll make one for this book when the movie comes out and I have access to more GIFs. :)

Prologue

"Danny, you realize that you drive me absolutely bat shit crazy, right?"

Daniel Atlas looked up from his book, one eyebrow raised. He was sitting cross-legged on the couch with one elbow propped up on the armrest. "Um, yes. You've told me that several times before, Andie."

I moved from where I'd been leaning against the door frame and walked over to him. He patted the empty space on the sofa beside him and I sat down, immediately drawing my legs up beside me. Danny lifted his arm. Grinning, I ducked under it and laid my head on his shoulder. His arm casually draped itself around me moments later.

I was quiet for a minute, just watching his face as his blue eyes scanned the words on the pages in front of them. But I can only be quiet for so long. "Why do you insist on leaving your dirty dishes in the sink?"

He smirked without looking away from the page. "Because I know how much it bothers you."

"You're a menace."

He laughed and ran a hand through my hair, kissing the top of my head right after. "I know."

Danny's phone went off at the same time as mine did. The group chat. Of course. God only knows how much I despise the damn thing.

Danny laid his book in his lap and grabbed his phone, holding it so I could see it too. Jack had texted: When are we going to finally do something? Merritt sucks at throwing cards and I'm getting tired of teaching him.

I stifled a laugh; Danny merely smiled. "What do we say back?" I asked, reaching to grab my own phone from the coffee table.

Before I could touch it, they both went off again. Dylan.

Wait. Be patient. The Eye has a plan.

Danny stood up so quickly the book flew off his lap and I smacked my head on the armrest. "Shit - ow," I said, propping myself up on my elbow. I rubbed the side of my head with my free hand. "Danny?"

He wasn't looking at me; all I got was his profile. His hands were clenched around his phone as he furiously typed out a message. My phone buzzed seconds later. Why do you keep saying that? Why the hell can't the Eye just tell us what to do already? It's been a year!

Wait. Be patient. The Eye has a plan. The same thing Dylan always responded with.

Danny made a noise of frustration and dropped his phone on the rug, running a hand through his hair. "Goddammit," he said, his voice snappy. "Why can't he just give us a straight answer for once? I'm so tired of all this bullshit!"

I set my phone aside and got off the couch, crossing over to where he stood with his shoulders tensed like he was prepping for an attack. "Danny," I said sternly. He hummed. "I told you to stop worrying about this."