1| Something Special

Author's Note : This is my first fan fiction that I wrote 2 years ago. I publish this as an entry for the fan fiction contest and wanted to know if anyone here will like it. If you do enjoy the story, kindly give some reviews and I'll post the next chapter :) Thank you and happy reading!

I do NOT own CSI : NY, but I do own James Robert, Angeline Flack, and her friend Kelly.  

=====================

That was never a good day for Don, nor even for the other CSIs.

They were working, as usual, but this was not a usual case. They were in a search for James Robert, a serial killer who insanely and slowly tortured his victims until death.

But James Robert wasn't the one who made the CSIs gone crazy. Maybe he was, but the fact that all the victims were 15-22 years old girls sickened everyone, and they were chosen randomly by him. The only similarity was their blue eyes, and that was enough to make both Don and Danny suffered, as it reminded them to their daughters.

They have struggled for hours to search for this guy, searching every corner of places he had been, and looked at the pictures of the victims in case they got something. Sid was also working hard at his part, trying to get hint of where the girls were tortured. Don found the report and pictures of the girls, which made him sick. The image of his daughter always appeared in his mind. What if she one of them? He couldn't even imagine losing her, not after he lost her mother, the woman he loved.

It had been years ago since Jess' death, leaving him alone with their daughter, Angeline Flack. She looks like him, except for her brunette hair that turned out like her mother's. Angel, as what he calls her, is a sweet 13 years old girl who could put a smile to everyone's face. It's her that made him survived after losing Jess.

Don was so deep in thought that he didn't realize Stella was standing in front of him.

"Flack, got anything from the report?" She asked

"I couldn't even look at it, Stel. It hurts seeing these young girls." He sighed, then added "...and knowing that someone outside there could probably hurt Angel too." He murmured.

"I'm sure she's fine, maybe you can call her, just to confirm it."

"Nah, she's at school right now." He replied with a sad smile. Stella couldn't help but pitied him, she also felt sick of this James Robert. "Well, let's look at these together then. At least we both have someone to lean on." She took the report, studying it.

"Thanks Stel, I don't think I could do this alone. I mean, Danny has Linds. And I.." Stella looked at him with an understanding look. "It's hard without 'her', isn't it?" Don just nodded, and then joined her through the report.

=====================  

"Angel!"

"Hey Kelly, your class finished already?" She smiled at her friend who approached her.

"Yes of course." She rolled her eyes. "If not, I wouldn't be here."

"Ok ok, I'm just asking. Should we go out now?" She tidied her books and carried it, then followed her best friend's steps.

They walked through the corridor and to the front yard, searching for a bench and sat on it, then chattering happily as they waited for their parents to pick them up. Don promised Angel that he would pick her up from school today, and they will go straight home. It was a rare moment for her father to pick her up, due to his job.

"Hey Angel, what do you prepare for today?" Kelly asked in the middle of their conversation. Angel raised her eyebrows, then remembered something.

"Oh my God.. it's today! What should I do now?" she asked, making her friend confused.