THE UNEXPECTED NEWS

See Drake as Christon
Chapter 1

Akosua rushes to Elikem's house because is her day off.
I'm Akosua Sekyiwaa Leigh.I am 24 years of age and a renowned lawyer in the country.I am not interested in getting married because I have all I need in life so I am very happy being single. My bestie is Elikem Keith,I have known her since childhood and we are like family because she lives by herself since her family are in the states and she is dating Christon,a man I would have killed if not because of Elikem.In my own words he is dating his family not my bestie because he always chooses his family over my friend(such a family puppet).Currently I'm at Akosua's gate I hope that idiot of a boyfriend is not there.Her security man opens the gate,I greet him and as soon as I arrive I run to my bestie's room upstairs. Akosua never wakes up early"such a lazy ass".Wake up I shout on top of my voice and snatch the sheets from her body.

Bitch she retorts" why do you disturb someone's beauty sleep,are you mad?".She glares at me as she drags herself from her bed.
I give her the I don't care what she does look and as she takes a shower we joke about how her dad use to scare the boys with his expressions in school.

She turns serious when she appears from her bathroom."ok,so why the straight face"I say grinning.
She surprises me by telling me I should get a life."But I already have a life,I have a job,money to last me my whole lifetime and a good bestie and not to forget an amazing family,what more can I ask for?"

A man she declares dryly.I already have a man."Who?"she exclaims excitedly.My father is a man and I have him. Elikem's face drops "your father is married,your mom has him not you and what you are saying is decently termed incest,"she says with a piercing look.

I don't care about what she is saying but her face looks funny which makes me hold back a giggle."ok I get you,so are we done discussing me because I'm hungry."

She gives me a smile but it's her own way of saying we are not done here. I just love my bestfriend to death,she is so predictable. "Put on something nice and sexy so that I will go and feed you."

I JUST LOVE MY SINGLE LIFE.