Prologue

Being black is like being in a zoo. You get man handled to get locked up, fed bullshit, but is supposed to be nice to the same ones that locked you up.
We're in a world where we can scream and shout how much race doesn't matter, but in the end it does. Race is the difference between whether you get the job you wanted, or you don't. Race decides whether you make it past the age of 25, or you don't. No one today knows why blacks where chosen to be ridiculed, killed and mistreated, but we are.
  There's four types of Black people in this society. Revolutionaries, Coons, misguided and Laybacks.
Revolutionaries are the activist, speakers, fighters for what is believed is right. They are the ones that don't take the verbal abuse just to prove the worth of Blacks. They'll sit down fact for fact, opinion for opinion just to prove you wrong. Revolutionaries are the Black Panthers, the Malcom X's, the MLK's. They're what we need more of.
   Coons are the type of Black people that talk down to other people of color and lift white people and any others against us. They're the house niggas.  The type of black men and women who dog each other.
   The misguided are the ones who hate their skin color. They hate being black, they hate that they will have a black child, even if with a non-colored person. They just hate everything about it. I truly believe with the right guide, they'll be alright.
        Last, but not least, the Laybacks. They go with the flow. No certain path they're taking. In a room full of activists, they care about black lives. In a room full of coons, they shit on blacks, in a room full of misguided, they've had problems with their skin too, and so forth. Don't be a layback.

    This revolution that is bound to take place needs change before it can happen. Instead of complaining about how we don't have jobs, let's be our own bosses, have our own businesses. Instead of complaining about mass incarceration, let's get our men out of the street and into the schools and work places. Instead of complaining about the school not teaching Black history and the right American history, let's teach history the the way it really went down. The bible says faith without work is dead. We can bring up the problems, but we have to get working on the solutions.
  The key to all of that is Black people coming together. You may ask why I haven't said African American yet. Because there are more blacks than just African Americans. Jamaicans, Hatians, Africans, African Americans, Afro-Latinas, Dominicans, etc are all black. So I am more than African American, I am an essence. I am Black.