An Unconventional Cosmos

It was a warm day, the birds were singing and the flowers were all in bloom. There was a happy cast to everything. The establishment that was Colashin High was a very large building. It had many different levels, half was a high school, and the other half was a college. Friendship is very important in these parts, where it is believed that through friendship, all is possible.

Constance had long blond curly hair with sparkling sapphire blue eyes; learning was one of her favorite things. She shut the door to her locker then went out to the courtyard, it was lunch now and it was time to meet up with her friend. She looked around a white smile touched her lips, she had to find him. She looked around and smiled and shook her head, of course he was late. She sat down at one of the tables and leaned back against it and closed her eyes. This could be a while.

The hallways were crowded as Stefan rushed to get to the courtyard. Constance was waiting and shouldn’t be kept waiting. He made it outside not even breaking a sweat or panting hard. His dark hair kept nicely trimmed swayed in the breeze while his almond brown eyes searched the courtyard. There sitting at a table was Constance looking like she just stepped out of a famous painting.

Stefan walked over and sat down across from his friend with a smile. He then pulled a notebook out of his book bag and slid it to Constance.

“Sorry I’m late, here’s your notebook.” He said. Constance took the notebook and put it away.

“How come you were late again?” she asked

“You know how Mr. Williams ends his classes late.” Stefan shrugged.

“Yeah that’s true.” Constance laughed. “Let’s go get our lunch before we have to get back to class.” The two friends got up and walked to the cafeteria and continued their conversation. As they waited in line and got their food, they caught up on all that they had missed the hilarious and the scary moments of class. Then it was silent as they both ran out of something to say while they were eating. Constance finished her muffin, the only thing she usually ate for lunch. “So I was thinking, what do you think about going for a walk tonight after the classes is over?” she paused, “Because it’s been about a week since the last time we took a walk. I remember that we used to go every day. But that’s only if you don’t have anything planned of course.”

It was near that moment that the wind started to pick up, slow at first and then it proceeded to get stronger and stronger. Constance grabbed her wrapper to prevent it from flying away. Then she moved something in front of his plate so that it wouldn’t fly away either. “What is happening?” she wondered out loud. She had never seen the wind this bad before. The wind was pushing her hair behind her and out giving it a fuller and messier look.

When you looked around the courtyard, you saw people trying to go against the wind some of them failing and being pushed back instead, and then all of the wrappers of what some people had for lunch was flying in the air and rolling on the ground.

Then just as suddenly as the wind picked up it started to calm down. Stefan looked over at Constance who was fixing her hair. “That was strange.” He thought to himself then returned to the conversation.

“I don’t have any plans and I think a walk would be a great idea.” He said with a smile. They made plans to meet after classes were over. The bell rang signaling that lunch was over as students made their way back into the building and to class.

Stefan bid Constance farewell until school was over and continued to English class. A class that’s normally boring but not this week. All this week the class was working on writing instead of just reading. Stefan walked into the classroom and set his homework on the teacher’s desk and went to his seat.