Savagery

"Get the fuck up." A shadowed figure says off in the distance. "You've got a lot of work to do." He begins to walk away from the cell but just before he does, he bangs on the metal bars.

In the darkness of the cell lay a young girl. She lay in humiliation and emptiness. All she had left were the clothes on her back. The cell held no warmth what so ever. The only thing that was there for comfort was a blanket and pillow left on the cold cement ground. She had no idea where she was or why she was there. All she knew was she had to get out somehow. After all, she is Agent Shadow.

She lifted herself off the ground and the pain in her head began. Without even looking at herself in the mirror, Shadow knew she had many injuries. "Well, what the fuck happens if i dont get up." She snaps back.

"Oh trust me, you wouldn't enjoy the comsequences." His words seeped out of his mouth like poison. "Locus!" He yelled out, "shes awake!... and acting like a little smart ass." He whispered that last part.

"Oh I'm being a smartass? Well don't you think thats expected you fuc..." her sentence was cut short.

" Felix," his voice was deep and chilling, "how many times have i told you to not wind up the prisoners?"  He seemed annoyed.

"Well this one is being difficult. How the hell did The Director handle this little shit?" Felix answered back while pointing at shadow.

"Oh trust me, he hated me, dont worry, i'll make sure im ten times more annoying. How does that sound?" She smirked.

"Im putting you in charge of her." Locus says looking at Felix. He walks toward the cell. For some odd reason, he seems more threatening than Maine, "you are going to be working for us from now on, got it?"

She didnt like the sound of that at all, "What do you mean by work?"

Before Locus could answer, Felix interupted, "Lets make this short. We are mercs, people call us when they need some things to be taken care of and pay us big money. Our faces are beginning to become known so we need a new face. That new face is you princess." Felix began to chuckle.

"Im not doing shit for you." She spat through the bars onto Felix's helmet. Locus unlocked the cell and rushed towards Shadow. He grabbed her by the neck and pinned her to the wall.

"You will comply with our orders or you are going the wish you died in that building." He tightened his grip around her neck. Her gunshot wound still hasn't healed and sent pain throughout her torso. She had to escape somehow but not anytime soon. She was still weak and they had taken her armor. She felt vulnerable and alone. How did she go from being one of the best agents in Project Freelancer... to this? A prisoner to two mercenaries. Locus finally let go of her neck, walked away and slammed the cell door. The sound echoed through the corridor. "If you do listen to our orders and do whatever you are told, we might show mercy." He walked away from the cell and Felix followed.

From that day forward, they used Shadow to do their dirty work. She killed countless innocent people... she felt like a monster. If she couldnt get the job done, locus would beat her senseless with the butt of his gun, stopped giving her food for a week, and tortured her in unimaginable ways. She knew one day, she would escape and gain her freedom once again. She couldn't lose hope
.
.
.
A faint voice could be heard "Shadow... Shadow!!! Wake up!" Grif yelled as he shook he shoulders. She gained consciousness and out of reflex, she punched Grif in the face and kneed him in the groin, "ah fuck! Can i get a fucking break?" He fell over in pain, "honestly, whats with you guys hurting my dick."

"What happened?" Shadow asked. Grif continued to lay next to shadow on the ground in pain.

"We were walking to grab some lunch... I mentioned Locus and Felix and you kinda zoned out then passed out. Dammit... its like i can never get a fucking break..." Shadow cut him off mid sentence.

"I need to go, good luck with your... uh.. groin problem?" She got up from the ground, "Anyways i'll see you later." She continued down the hall into their headquarters. It seemed like Chorus was their new home. The Republic and Rebels still have their diffrences but they learn to live with eachother. After the civil war, they welcomed them with open arms. They gave them a 3 story building complex with enough rooms for all of them. Shadow went up to her room on the third floor along with Carolina and Washingtons rooms. Her head began to ache as she walked into her room.

"Even when im away from you fuckers, you know how to fuck up my day..." shadow whispered to herself as she punched the wall.

*knock* *knock*

"Hey, Grif told me what happened, you alright?", Washington walked into the room with her.

"Yeah... everythings fine", she sighed as she sat on her bed, "I keep getting flashbacks... Its like a never ending nightmare. If they made it their job to ruin my life, they sure are succeeding."

"Hey," Wash sat next to her, "it'll be alright. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here. Those shitbags will get what they deserve... you were 15 when they captured you, correct?" Shadow nodded yes, "so that makes you 18 now," she nodded again.

"Yep, 18 years old now. I had a great childhood don't you think?" She said sarcastically, "18 years old, been through hell, have PTSD, how much better can this get?" Again, sarcasm.

"Just because you had a bad past doesn't mean you can't have a better future alright. Things will clear up for you, you're a pretty strong girl." Wash always had a soft spot towards Shadow. He's like a big brother to her.

"Well, thanks for the pep talk. Oh and next time you walk in my room without asking, i'll beat you up." She began to laugh.

"Alright tough girl." Wash chuckled as he walked out.

Everyone seemed to be relaxed now. The rebels and republic don't have to worry about fighting. Everything seemed pretty settled down now.

Too bad Shadow wouldn't be able to see the peacefulness for very long...

Under her bed was a journal and a hologram of the planet and galactic neighborhood. For the past 2 months she has been tracking every sighting of those bastards and written down the names of witnesses and locations. She will find them.

The hunt has begun.