Wrong Car

Word Count: 1371

Triggers: No

Note: I'm American. Sorry for wrong stuff and the $ dollar sign.

Description: Dan accidentally tries to get into the wrong car at three am, waking a nearby dork.

*~*~*~*

My eyelids were halfway closed. The late night, early morning fog didn't help the situation either. At the moment, my mind wasn't focused on which car was mine, just getting home. I clicked the button on my keys to unlock the vehicle in front of me. Nothing happened. I did it again. Nothing.

I lazily walked up to it and shoved the key in the lock. I jiggled it around and suddenly the car alarm started blaring. This was not my car! Well, I couldn't walk away from it. What do I do?! I went into panic mode.

Obvisouly that means my car is unlocked somewhere else so I locked it back again. I am smart and safe..

What if this car belongs to a policeman or some really buff dude who just got out of prison? Oh, I am totally screwed! Chill, Dan. It could belong to an old lady who will totally understand and not call the CIA on me. Don't always jump to conclusions.

I heard a door open and close from behind me. Surprisingly I heard it over the alarm. There stood a boy about my age, black hair, in a Sonic t-shirt and gray sweatpants. His face looked tired in the bright moonlight and his eyes seemed as if they had just opened that minute. The features that I could see looked ecxeptionally detailed and, kinda perfect.

"What. The hell. Are you doing?" He murmured as he walked over to me. He had a more northern British accent, different from my southern one. "Is this yours?!" I exclaimed. He nodded lazily. "I am sooo sorry! I can't really see and I was super tired. I tried to unlock your car instead of mine which I can't find actually-" I got cut off mid sentence by the guy walking back into his house.

The beeping stopped, though it left a ringing in my ears.

He walked back out to me. "So you don't know where your car is?" He asked. I nodded weakly. "How far is your house?" I shrugged and took a look around. This place looked semi-familiar, but nothing I could draw a diagram from. "I'm really not sure." I told him. He sighed and rubbed his head.

"Unless you can find your car or you can walk home, you're staying at my place tonight. This neighborhood isn't the safest and it'll eat me alive if I let you experience that."

My eyes widened. No way was I going to stay with some stranger! But then again, I don't know where I am for the most part and like he said, it didn't look like a good place to be at in three in the morning on a Saturday night. My phone was dead and the only way to charge it was if I went into this man's house and waited for it to have some battery. That could take a while.

And I didn't know anyone's number. Stupid twenty-first century. I blame this entire situation on you.

"Swear you won't murder me?" I put on a small smile. He scoffed jokingly. "I swear dude. You're probably not worth the time in jail anyway."

We walked into his home, and immediately it smelled like coffee. There were two lamps on which gave his living room a dim glow. There were nice pictures on the walls. Some of what looked like him and his family. My eyes drifted to the black shelves bolted to the walls. Mini figures of different video game characters. I saw the Joker, Harley Quinn, Gerard Way, Mario, Gene Belcher, Groot. That wasn't even a fraction of them.

Honestly; I was jealous. They looked older so that means they were worth more money. Obviously I would never sell them if they were mine. He had shelves and shelves of them. Probably worth over $1,000,000. Damn.

I got snapped back into reality by his voice. His sweet, sleeping voice. "You're on the couch." He said. "I'll get you a blanket and pillow. If you steal anything and run off into the moon, I have your fingerprints on my car." And he stepped out of the room. This guy was something else. Cute is a word I'd describe his as.

"Oh hey!" I called out to him. I didn't hear anything back. I was going to try again but he walked back in again holding a pillow and blanket, he gave a hum in response. "I love your collection, and I never got your name."

"Thanks, I'm Phil. How about you?" "Dan." I replied. He nodded. "Well, Dan, I'll be in my room. Don't try to find me if you need something. Don't bother me. Keep quiet. Good? Good. Night." Phil said rather sternly. Soon later, he disappeared up the stairs.

He was still cute.

I awoke to the smell of coffee and the small whispers of Phil on the phone with someone. He seemed to be a fair enough distance that I could tell he was in the kitchen.

"Yeah, he just set off the alarm..... I mean of course I forgave him, mentally at least....... Right now he is on the couch........... Well, he has brown eyes, brown hair, he is as tall as me..... Yes, there are people that can be tall too...... Pj just shut up....... I don't know his sexuality! You think we just had a game of twenty questions randomly?...... I do think he is cute but that's not the point.... No. I gotta go. Bye."

A blush rose its way to my cheeks and I buried my head into the pillow. He thought I was cute.

Do I tell him I think he's cute too? Or would that be too weird just casually saying, "I heard you talking to an article of clothing saying I was cute, I think you're cute too.' No, I just can't do that. I am creepy but I am not that creepy.

I heard footsteps lightly walk towards me so I quickly shut my eyes.

"Dan?" Phil whispered. I didn't respond. "Dan wake up. We need to go find your car." He told me. I slowly peeked open an eye at him, then the other eye. "What time is it?" I asked him, completely ignoring the car situation. I didn't want to leave yet.

There was a pause. "Ten fifty-one. Also, your curly hair looks nice." He shoved me gently which made me grin. "Nooooo. I hate my hobbit hair." I groaned. Phil immediately smirked. "Well I like it. Now get your ass up!" I gave a small laugh at his cuteness.

I got up from the couch, (though I didn't want to)and moved towards the front door, grabbing my phone from the charger that was so conveniently placed next to where I was sleeping. Ha oh the irony.

As soon as Phil opened the door, a wave of street smell hit me and a frown formed on my face.

"Now," Phil started. "what does it look like?" He took a quick glance around the area. "Exactly like yours. That's kinda why I thought yours was mine." I said sarcastically. He sighed. "You came from the left or right?

The right had bars and strip clubs, the left had a cafe, bookstore, and a record store. "Left. What else?"
I didn't wait for an answer, just started walking towards where I came. I didn't want to see
it right away because I didn't want to end my time with Phil yet. But just my luck; there it was as soon as I turned the corner. Right where I left it.

"Yup, there it is. Thank you for last night. Bye...I guess." I mumbled. "Nope." Phil said from beside me. "Nope. I'm giving you my number. You're cute and it's not ending like this."

He grabbed my phone out of my hand and entered in his number with a new contact. I should really get a fucking password on my phone.

Phil gave me the phone back and just walked calmly back into his home. Did that just happen? Legit just happen?

I have a strong feeling I will be using this car to come back here again soon.