Day One

"I'll be there at 9 ;)"

That was the message that popped up on my screen. It's from my boyfriend, Chad. It's our one year anniversary together. A whole year with my high school crush. Tonight, we're going on a special date to celebrate at a fancy restaurant downtown. It should arguably be one of the best nights of my life.

I wake up from my daydream and realize that it's 8:20. I frantically start hurrying my makeup and hair. For the date I have a gorgeous look in mind. I scan my closet for the one. The dress that makes me feel like I'm a celebrity. I feel like Beyoncé would approve of it. My hand brushes along the rack and I select the stunning dress off of its hanger. It's a deep, rich red color. The fit is perfect for me as it has cut off shoulders to display my figure.

My phone rings again, only this time to alert me that Chad is here to pick me up. Before leaving I take one last look in the mirror. My blonde hair is perfectly curled to complement my face's heart shape. My heels extend my height so that they completes the look entirely. Honestly, I look hot. My doorbell rings and my perfect night awaits.

Chad is standing on my porch in a black suit. He has a bouquet of white roses in his hands, my favorite.

"Is that my girlfriend? Dang that's my girl."
Chad says playfully knowing that it will make me blush.

It works and my cheeks feel very warm. When we get in the car I smell a strong scent. It slightly smells of alcohol, but I blow it off. He could have a new cologne that I don't know about. On our way to the restaurant, I get a whiff of perfume. It smells familiar but once again, I blow it off. I worked today so I must just be tired and imagining things.

We pull up to a restaurant with bold letters that I can't understand and a line waiting outside.
"We have a reservation for two under Chad Williams." He stated very confidently with himself.

It is very dark inside with light hanging down on each table and a neon blue light reflecting on to the walls. My boyfriend looks pretty good. He keeps checking me out from across the table too. We lock eyes but I just roll mine and he chuckles. I for once feel...happy. I order the chicken parmigiana and Chad orders lobster.

"Hey I'm going to excuse myself, I need to visit the restroom." He says with a wink and a slight smirk.
I can't believe I'm with him now. I used to have the biggest crush on him in high school and now he's mine. I chuckle to myself a little because of my stupid childish feelings for him. They feel so much more real, personal, deep now.
I decide that I like the vibe of this restaurant. It's a hip Italian place and the darkness sets the mood with the help of the soft jazz in the background. Suddenly the music is interrupted by buzzing. Chad left his phone. I can't pick it up though, it's not my business. Only it buzzes again....and again. Well I can just take a look....right?

Who is Jessica? Why is she texting my boyfriend?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I promise it's going to get better than this. This is only the beginning. It will get interesting very soon...