Rares

Rares eyes his accommodations before setting his suitcase down. Knowing he has a meeting in little less than half an hour, he decides against napping and instead bathes and changes into clothes that haven't seen the road for the past week. The goal was said to be to get the child-queen of Winter to find the key hidden in Yakim then to continue on to Paisley, why the child-queen couldn't figure it out for herself, Rares had no idea. It had been easy enough to gain access to the library where the key is hidden under the guise of being a librarian who had just moved to Putnam and Rares looked the part more so than some of the other people who had been lined up for the mission.

The streets of Putnam are lined with bookshops and smiths and stores selling skilled crafts. It's a nice area, if Rares can recall correctly, but the city is not set up to optimize the learning experience for everyone. The walk to the library is short and Rares decides to familiarize himself with the place so he can at least boast some experience if asked. The library is huge and is organized via some sort of decimal system that Rares is still trying to figure out when a man approaches him.

"Are you the librarian I'm to be interviewing?"

Rares shakes the man's hand. "Yes, I was just looking around. The library is so much bigger than the one where I came from."

The man grins widely. "It is the largest library in all of Yakim. Let's have a seat and we can discuss your position."

Rares and the man end up talking for hours before it is finally decided that he will be hired as a new librarian, but won't start until the following week. Instead of heading back to his temporary home, Rares utilizes what he learned of the library's organizational system to find the area where the key is hidden, then follows it up by locating other areas of the library that hold information relevant to magic and the history of the chasm and the Great Decay. When the location of each is memorized, Rares finally leaves to buy food and turn in for the night. When the child-queen comes, Rares will be ready and Primoria will be a few steps closer to being rid of Angra and the Decay once and for all.