Chapter 1

You're playing outside at 6:00 on a cool, Spring night. It's to cold outside for your comfort, but you can't go in, because your dad almost burned down the house. He's obsessed with making cakes and this one went terribly wrong. Also, you really hate cake, especially Betty Crocker (ew). So, anyway, you're a small, six year old boy playing outside by yourself. Safe right? You were poking at a cute little caterpillar with a stick when you realized that there was a shadow next to you. You turned Around to see a tall male, probably 16. He had blonde hair, pale skin, and was wearing a red cape with black skinny jeans and a white T-shirt and black shoes. Here is the strange part, his eyes were coved by aviator sunglasses, at night, and sharp fangs were clearly visible.
He looked down at you and you really wanted to scream, but you can't, you're physically mute. He looks ready to pounce and you want to run, but can't, you're frozen in fear, so all you can do is sit there in silent tears. But the man stops, he stands there looking at you and crouches down to pat your raven black hair.
"Im sorry. Hope I didn't scare you to much, lil man. What's your name?"
You signed out 'John' and he looked into your bright blue eyes realizing what you were doing and said, "I can't understand you, sorry."
Right after he said that your dad called you from the doorway.
"You can come in now, John!" He shouted.
You turned back around to say goodbye to the strange man, but he was gone. 'Goodbye to you, too'