{Chapter one}

"Jessica wake up!" The voice yelled.
"Wha-what do ya want." Jessica woke up with a start. Seeing her excitable roommate bouncing around their dorm.
"Sage chill. What's up?"
"You know that super cute guy who's my science partner?"
"No did he-"
"Yes now what do I where?"
"Whatever you want." This was making Jessica impatient."Now I'm not wasting my Sunday on 'boys'."
She plunged back into her pillows and went back to sleep.
"......" Sage opened her mouth but nothing came out. She sighed then smiled because the truth of the matter is she couldn't wish for a better friend.
Sage was busy about cleaning the dorm wile thinking of the best outfit she would ever where. She was organizing Jessica's trunk (putting her name on all her assignments). Then she organized all her books.
She had just knocked over Jessica's diary on to a open page.(Jessica was totally in denial of having that diary.) When something caught her eye......a picture a picture of a about sixteen year old boy. She then read the passage to go with it.
"Dear Derik I miss you it's been too long two years actually since you died in Vermont. I have a best friend now who helps me recover. Her name is Sage.
I also go to college and I run track. I'm don't mean to brag but I'm pretty good.
I'll find you one day I'll tell you jokes in heaven too.
Bye bro
Love:Jessica"
Sage gasped she knew Jessica's mom owned a boot camp but what if that was a cover story. What if the whole time she was wrong. What if her mom worked in the military along with this 'Derik'.
Worst of all...........................................
"Do I really know my best friend." Sage asked herself.