1

"Mother, look, the Titan's are losing."

"Yes, Perseus. But don't be too sure they are out for the count. Kronos is far more powerful than they give him credit for. I don't believe they stand a real chance when it comes to the Titan's of the Compass and Kronos himself. As well as the General. I think they may be in over their heads."

The boy, dressed in black looked back upon the battle that had been raging for years. He had no doubt his mother was right. She was smart; the first born daughter of Chaos. He might not be the oldest, but his grandfather gave him something nothing his siblings or anyone else could have. He was her most powerful child because of his grandfather. But he knew when to listen.

"I think you're right mother..." he replied, stepping to the edge of the night sky. Looking down on the world and the battle that was being waged on it he made his decision.

"You know you won't be able to return my son? The only place we could meet is Tartarus as long as your uncle gives you permission or, your domain. And you know I can't remain there for very long without you're full essence being there."

"I know mother. But I can't just let them be killed or enslaved. I just have a feeling that something good will come from saving them."

Nyx nodded. "Then go with my blessing child."

-/-

After years of hanging back, the four Titans of the corners of the earth, the King of the Titans, and the General all headed for the front of the battlefield. Kronos himself was impressed that his upstart children had been able to lead a rebellion against him for so long.

He couldn't let it continue, but he had to give them credit for being stronger than he suspected. He engaged his three sons, the most powerful of his children, besides his first born, Hestia who seemed to dislike fighting. Even the three working together stood no chance against him.

It wasn't long before they lay defeated at his feet. Kronos grinned and raised his scythe, prepared for the final blow, when something broke the sound barrier over him.

He looked up to see a streak of red light up the night sky. While it was red from the fire burning as it fell, the object itself seemed to suck the light from anything in its vicinity. He glared at it, unsure of its intentions. He could feel that it was powerful. He looked at Koios.

"A son of yours that you neglected to mention?"

Koios had no idea. He was sure his children were all here, but maybe one hadn't shown up. "I'm not sure brother. I thought they were here, but it could be."

Kronos nodded, satisfied with the answer given. He turned his attention back to his children. "Well, I hope he doesn't expect recognition since he wasn't here." Again, the scythe was raised.

The object landed right between Kronos and his sons. The force of the impact knocked the king from his feet. He got up with rage in his eyes. "You dare assault your king?!" he roared.

The figure stood from a knee. He had a cloak so dark on that no light seemed to fall on it, being absorbed by the cloth itself. Turning to face the King of the Titans, the figure, not much older than the youngest son of Kronos, Zeus, spoke.

"I don't think you know of whom you speak to, cousin. Before you speak, you should know to whom you speak to, and always remember your place."

Kronos glared at the interloper. "Who are you? You must be one of my aunt's son's. A son of Nyx. But I have never met you, so I know you aren't very old. You have yet to reach your full potential child. Maybe you should know who you are dealing with before presuming that you are the most powerful being here!" Kronos shouted, bring his scythe down in a sweeping motion.