Foreword

S O N D E R

"Darling, everyone has a story"

S Y N O P S I S

Sonder
n. the realization that each random passerby is living a life as vivid and complex as your own – populated with their own ambitions, friends, routines, worries and inherited craziness – an epic story that continues invisibly around you like an anthill sprawling deep underground, with elaborate passageways to thousands of other lives that you'll never know existed, in which you might appear only once, as an extra sipping coffee in the background, as a blur of traffic passing on the highway, as a lighted window at dusk.
Source: www.dictionaryofobscuresorrows.com

             She liked observing people. She took interest in surmising what was happening in other people's lives. It was HER thing and she assumed she was discreet about it. Little did she know that all long, Erik has been scrutinizing her, beating her at her own game.

P R O L O G U E

"There was something comforting about the way the sun shone through her hair or when she'd look at me and smile and suddenly her eyes turned a lighter shade because of the sun and it was like seeing a different person.

It was warm.

She was warmth, she was ease.

She was a feeling of familiarity and home."

T O

To those who doubt themselves, those who constantly find themselves on the sidelines, those whose eyes are full of hope and to those who lost the last shred of faith; someone out there sees you as the highlight of their life, someone who's not necessarily a lover, but who loves you nonetheless.

N O T E

I'm usually a very nice person, however, any attempt to steal this story would consequently cease to make you consider me as a nice person. Please respect the effort I've put into this story. Hope you enjoy reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Text Copyright © MariamKhaled™ 2016

'