Prologue: On the Run; London England

Unknown Pov

"RUN! THEIR HERE!" my cêpen screamed. I grabbed my bag then noticed he wasn't moving. "What about you? I'm not leaving you!" I yelled. "Catch! I sent for help. If he got the message he'll meet you at King's Cross station." He said, tossing me something. It was his driver's lisence, "Take the pick up. Go!" He yelled.

        I ran into the garage and hurriedly started our beaten up pick up truck. We bought it as soon as we came to London. I started it and slammed the gas. I'm 12, almost 13, not even old enough to drive but Conrad taught me just in case. "Drive!" I said to myself. I was just hitting 95 when I pulled into the car lot of King's Cross. I parked and threw the hood of my jacket up. I tried to act as normal as possible as I sat down on a metal bench to wait. I janked out my laptop and quickly wrote a message onto my blog, Nine now Eight. Are the rest of you out there?  It'll sound like a riddle to most of my readers but I hope the other loric decode it.

                     As soon as I clicked SEND a voice asked, "Am I waiting for you?" Without looking up I responded, "Don't know." I looked up to see a unusually pale and tall boy wearing a hoodie. "Let me see your leg. I'm looking for-" he lowered his voice, "-Number Two." This was the help Conrad sent for. I shrugged, pulling up my pant's leg to show One's scar. "I'm Number Two. Are you loric?" The boy glanced around and sat down beside me, "It doesn't matter right now. You have to trust me." "You don't seem loric and you're too pale to be human." I began. "What are you implying?" He asked. " He asked. I slowly put the pieces togetor, "You're mogadorian. Why haven't you murdered me like One?"  "I can't say I'm not a mog but I never said I was on their side. I'm here to help. Now listen, we'll be taking a train-" he was interrupted by a different voice saying, "We'll isn't it funny how we always end up in the in the same places?" The boy froze, "Ivanick." he hisses. "Yes, Adamus. Who's the girl?" The boy- Ivanick- said. They've found me. "YOU LEAD THEM RIGHT TO ME! YOU SAID YOU WERE GOING TO HELP!" I screamed. "Two-" Adamus began but was, once again interrupted by Ivanick, " Well done. You brought us Number Two." "I wasn't brought to anyone!" I yelled. "Oh, you're a feisty one, eh? Get her." He commanded. Another mog appeared out of nowhere and grabbed me, knocking my bag away. "Adamus! Help!" I pleaded.  He picked up my bag and started rummaging in it. He pulled out my silver knife. Yes, I thought, Good boy. He examined the knife for a moment and . . . handed it to Ivanick. Great, just my luck. "Ready to die, loric scum?" Ivanick sneered at me. He lunged with the knife and I threw my hands up in a weak effort to defend myself and something extraordinary happened. Ivanick flew back and hit the wall. My first power. Great timing. You legacies will come when you're in danger, Conrad's voice said in my head. I focused and imagined the knife killing Ivanick and it happened. The rest of the mogs ran off, their leader killed. It was like the force from Star Wars, one of my favorite films. Adamus stared at the other mog's body. "You killed my brother!" I pointed the knife at him, "And you betrayed me." I hissed. "I'm not on their side! I can prove it!" He yelled. I lowered the knife a little, "How?" He crotched down and placed his hands on the ground. A tremor passed through the ground and only stopped when he removed his hands. "How-" I began but found myself speechless.

           Adamus smiled a lopsided smile, it was cute if you thought about it, and said, "Did I do that? I'll explain of the train. Call me Adam." "Okay. You can call me Maggie." I said, as we got on the train. I checked on my laptop, it was shattered. I cursed silently. On the train, I learned that he was given all of One's memories and her legacies. The train stopped in Wales where we got on a plane to the States. There we parted ways. Now I have to locate the other garde. . .

A/n: What did you guys think?