Chapter 1 : The Forgotten

Casey's P.O.V

I wake up today like any other day. Except today it's the start of my first day of my last year at Ocean Side High.

I am just going to school without a best friend cause my best friend, Jasmine moved to North Carolina the past summer.

So it's just me and my boyfriend Aaron King. We are going on two years. Everyone adores us. He is perfect for me. We truly do love each other and nothing will ever break us apart. That is my opinion anyway and I know that Aaron feels the same.

And no we are not your cliche high school couple. The hot popular girl and the captain of the football team.

I have dark brown wavy hair and deep green eyes. I am skinny but I am not satisfied with my body that's why I love to gym and box and stuff like that. I am not in the mood to tell you all the exercises I do. I don't think I am that pretty but Aaron on the other hand can't stop telling me it.

I am your average girl, I am not popular and the only guy I have ever slept with is Aaron and it was on our eleven month anniversary. He took my virginity.

He is a musician and kind of a bad boy and I am the shy artistic girl. We walked into each other or I walked into him when I was busy looking for one of my sketches that I couldn't find and eventually did. All the girls wanted him and I couldn't blame them. Yet all he saw was me. And that's the story how we met.

I decide to stand up and get dressed. I showered, brushed teeth, did my hair, got dressed in some ripped jeans, a tank top and Converse.

I check my phone and go into Aaron and I's texts to see he hasn't answered me since last night. Ehh. I don't let this sorta stuff get to me. I don't want to be that clingy girlfriend that irritates him.

I know he could get pretty busy with everything he has on his plate.

I eat a quick breakfast and by that I mean I took a apple from the basket of fruit on the island in the middle of the kitchen.

I rush to my car, climb in and drive to school. I can't wait to see Aaron again. I have missed him so much.

I stop at the school, Ocean Side High and climb out of the car. I am on my way to my locker when some random girl walks next me and asks ,"Doesn't it hurt?"

I frown and ask ,"Doesn't what hurt? What are you talking about." She than says ,"Ya know, Aaron."

I than ask again ,"What about Aaron? What did he do?" She than asks ,"You don't know do you?"

I stop her and when she turns to me I demand ,"Just tell me already." She than walks closer and says ,"He left."

Those words broke my heart I can't believe he left without telling me. How could he? Where did he go? Why did he leave me?

I than ask ,"What? Where did he go?" She shrugs and says ,"Apparently, nobody knows."

I than rush over to Jamie, Aaron's best friend. I pull him out of his group of friends and he asks ,"Wow. What the fuck are you doing?"

I than angrily asks ,"Where is he?" He than frowns but realizes that I am talking about Aaron and says ,"I don't know."

I than ask ,"How could you not know where your best friend went?" He shrugs and says ,"I am just as suprised as you are." Tears roll down my face and I ask ,"How could he leave me when he promised he never would?"

Jamie hugs me and says ,"He made a mistake leaving you behind. Leaving me behind. Leaving us behind, in a dark tunnel. Not knowing which direction to go in."