Chapter 1: First Impressions

*Dean's POV*

"Dean!" My brother yells from across the bunker. Hoping that I am close enough to hear him.

"What!" I can practically hear his stupid little smirk, knowing that my grumpy response means that I'm in the kitchen about to dig into another wonderful "heart attack," as he would call it. It's an Angus beef burger with lettuce, tomato, avocado, bacon, instead of regular buns I used toast, and my special sauce.

"Hey, I think I just found a pretty interesting case man." Making his way into the kitchen Sam sees me stuffing my face with the massive burger.

"What is it?" I say, although it sounds more like "Waa if iht?"

"So down in Colorado in Larimer County there are a bunch of homicides being committed on all of these utter douches. Like guys who you and I would even think are monsters, but they all have the same M.O. A stereotypical vampire bite. Not the ones we are used to. But the ones who sparkle and get overly attached to their girlfriends type."

"Well I say let the sucker keep up the good work. I mean. If it keeps those guys off the streets then what so bad?"

Sammy rolls his eyes, "Come on. What happens when bad guys aren't enough Dean? We've done this before. If this is a monster then we need to put a stop to it."

Grumbling softly I get up and begin walking towards my room, with my hamburger of course, "Meet me at the car in thirty."

"Ok, but dude. Seriously?"

Confused, I turn and look back at him. "What?"

"The heart attack in a bun?" Sam replies with raised eyebrows and a slight gesture of his hand.

I take a big bite and smile, all proud of myself, and say, "Wanna taste?"

Scoffing Sammy gets up and walks to his room.

About thirty minutes later I meet up with Sam by my Baby and tear down the road to Larimer County, Colorado listening to Billy Squire's "Two Daze Gone."

"So Sammy, this hunt. I won't stop until you get laid." I say after about an hour into the trip.

"Where the hell did that come from Dean?"

"Nowhere. I've just noticed that you don't even try anything anymore. I mean. You never even talk to girls anymore, let alone look at them. Whenever we are at a bar you get your beer and watch me score. That can't be fun. Your tired of it. I can see that. So come on man! I just think that it's time for you to use what you've inevitably learned from watching me all these years."

He rolls his eyes and replies, "Really Dean?"

"What?" My eyes widen as I try to feign innocence.

He rolls his eyes again, probably annoyed with my shit, "Nothing. But I'm not going to start picking up girls. I'm good."

I raise my hands in a surrender, "Alright Sammy. So gimme the low down on this thing."

"So, this thing's M.O. is a stereo typical vampire bite and draining the victims of blood right? The only similarity with the real deal is the blood draining. So it's not one of those."

"It could be. You never know. I mean this one might be older so it may be able to control how many fangs it uses while it feeds."