The Fallen Angel

There was once a young couple with a special gift that made them unique. The couple were angles. Golden beings with beautiful snow white, feathered wings that allowed them to soar gracefully through the sky. Though the beauty of their wings made them different from regular humans, they weren't born with the gift.
At a time when they were human, the wife, who was carrying a baby girl, fell deeply ill. The husband prayed to the gods to cure the wife and bring the child to the world safely, but there was never a sign.
One night, a shadow appeared next to the dying wife. The husband believed that the Goddess, Eris, was sent by the gods to solve the mere, human problem. The child was saved, but with a cost. The mother did not survive, and the child was said to have a curse inflicted upon her. In the end, the child was given the name Eris to thank the Goddess who managed to save the lucky child.
As years passed, the husband grew lonely and lost without his loving wife. He prayed once again to the lords above to give him his love back, but no sign was given from the gods. More years passed, and the child spoke for her father. This time, she was answered.
The girl gripped her fathers hand to find themselves before a golden gate. The floor was no longer solid, but of soft clouds that wrapped around their toes. The air so fresh, that it no longer felt like Earth. As the gates opened, they faced a woman. A wife who had lost her husband; a mother who had lost her child. For the first time, humans had become angels.
The family lived their lives together once again, but this time among a new society. The mischievous and imaginative child would wander the streets greeting the city she called family, but she wasn't always on her good side. Though sometimes caught stealing, she was forgiven due to the likeliness of just living up to the name given to her by the mischievous Goddess.
As the child grew up, she followed in her father's footsteps and joined in on protecting heaven. Her father, the royal guard of the King and Queen, assigned her to the gates of heaven thus giving her the name, The Guardian of Light. Although, with the great responsibility given in her role, he grew fearful that the responsibility given would be the fall of the family. Little did the father know, his prophecy was real. A demon had breached the gates, and Eris couldn't stop the creature from entering. She was then punished... Stripped of her wings and banished by her own father, she fell from heaven never to return again. Eris brought shame to her family name, and shame to the gods that allowed her to enter the gates as a mere human.
The human, Eris, then became the first Fallen Angel.
The End...
"But it's not the end, now is it? The story's not over; the truth hasn't been told. But I know the truth. I know what really happened to the poor, Fallen Angel. I know the truth... because I lived it."~Eris