Chapter 1: Introduction

My name is Kikiyo Siada, of the legendary, "God clan". Our clan posses a remarkable Kekkei genkai, known as the Tengokugan; said to have been blessed upon the first of our clan by the Sage of Six Paths himself. My life has never been simple, there have been ups and downs. But there have been many people who have blessed my very existence. I rule the land of fire as Queen, with my husband and darling children at my side. I suppose the best place to start is my earliest memory. It all started in my current home and favorite place on Earth, Konoha...

I am nine years old, walking with my best friend, Sasuke Uchiha. We are going to meet his brother, Itachi and my sister, Yotuki both of whom are members of the Hokage's secret service, known as the ANBU Black Ops. They are to walk us home then to the village square for a celebration held in our honor by the Siada and Uchiha families.

Sasuke, is one of the most unique people I know. He is gifted, and noticeably handsome to everyone, even at our young age. I pretend not to think so though, since he is my best friend and he hates fan girls. His eyes are a beautiful dark onyx and his hair as black as a raven's wing. His pale skin shines in the sunlight, and when he smiles I can't help but do the same.

I feel particularly plain in comparison but others in my life would beg to differ. I have sun-kissed colored skin, golden eyes the color of the sun, my hair is dirty blonde with curls that cascade down my back. My Kekkei genkai, the Tengokugan, has already presented itself, I can use it at will, without a second thought. I am the youngest ever to be able to use it. But I don't find myself all that great despite what others say.

Sasuke and I laugh and talk, as we enter the Hokage's tower, and climbed the stairs to meet our siblings. From inside the great Hokage's office we heard voices and knew our siblings were the cause of it. As we waited for them we began to evesdrop on the conversation.

"Sasuke-kun , I don't think we should be hearing what is being discussed." I said to him concerned about getting into trouble. "Don't worry about it, we won't get caught. I promise, and an Uchiha, keeps their promises." He said, with such confidence and his beautiful smile. I blushed and turn away before he noticed too much. As we listened, we heard murmurs of a Coup d'état but couldn't make out most of the conversation. Abruptly the talking stopped, we knew they felt our presence and we scurried to a near by window, looking as innocent as possible.
"Little brother, Kikiyo, it isn't becoming of young shinobi to eavesdrop on their comrades, especially family." Itachi uttered the words expressionlessly per the usual. My sister Yotuki continued for him, "Kikiyo, as a Siada you should know better." My friend and I both blushed.

Our siblings were both beautiful people, inside and out. Yotuki's eyes were blue and she was thin but very strong, she had the same dark blonde hair as me but it was at her shoulders. In my clan it is tradition for a woman who hasn't found love by the age of nine, to cut her hair short and keep it that way until she find the one she will spend her life with, if her parents allow it. Who, knows their true love by nine? Some traditions seem silly to me. She recently began growing it out because she and Itachi secretly declared their love for each other.

My amazing sister was the heiress to the Siada clan, next in line to lead it. In our family the men have been strong and powerful but women of the main branch held the clans secrets and political power. The exact opposite of the Uchiha clan, whom until about nine years ago had been our clans bitter enemy. Things had been resolved shortly after mine and Sasuke's births. Which was good considering how very close he and I are.

Itachi was also very handsome. I guess it must be an Uchiha family trait, attractiveness, I mean. He looked similar to Sasuke with the exception of his hair, long and tied back. He had visible lines of stress coming from his beautiful dark eyes, clear signs of sleep deprivation.