Chapter 1- I'm a cliche

So here I am sitting on the bleachers waiting for Tyler to finish soccer practice, my best friend. As much as I hate waiting for him to finish practice due to the fan girls, I was his ride home today.

"omg look Tyler and Mark are taking their shirts off" screamed one of the fan girls, which cause all the other ones to snap their neck to the field and start giggling. Some brave ones where even pulling out their phones to take pictures. As much as I wanted to call these girls pathetic, I couldn't because as soon as I heard Tyler's name I turned around to get a glimpse.

And boy did he look handsome, and his lean flat stomach was covered in sweat. He took a water bottle and poured the content over his blond hair and then proceeded to shake his head in what seemed like slow motion to me. He finally opened his eyes, and they immediately locked with mines, before he winked at me and immediately I started blushing. Quickly I turned away to hide my cheeks before the fangirls caught me.

Why is he always flirting with me like this? I thought. Tyler couldn't possibly like me, could he? I questioned myself

"Not likely," I said to myself and picked up my newest novel Hurricane Juliet and resumed my reading.

30 minutes later, Tyler comes running towards me fully dressed. "come on let's go Callie" he said and pulled me up, "wait, Ty, I have to grab my book" I said slightly pissed that he pulled me and caused me to loose my place in the book. "Ok," he says and let's go while I picked up my book, "ok let's go Mr," I said and started walking towards the car.

"Why are you rushing us anyways huh," I asked him as I opened the door and threw my bag in the back seat.

"Tonight is Stella's party, you remember right" he answered and hopped in the passenger side. Yes Stella party, how could I forget she's been trying to hook up with Tyler since she started school here four months ago.

"Hmm" was my only response but Tyler, of course, didn't hear and continued " and tonight is the I'm finally going to cross that line between friends, so you gotta come with me." As soon as those words left his mouth, I felt my heart quicken Tyler liked me and tonight he was going to tell me this, I don't know what to say.

"Callie?? Did you hear me?" He asked snapping me out of my thoughts. "Umm ya, but why are you doing it tonight at Stella's party? Can't you just tell this friend your feelings now or at a restaurant" I asked, I didn't want to declare our feelings for each other at Stella's party?

"Naw Stella's party is perfect. So you're coming right?" He asked All I could do was nod and try to contain the giant Kool-Aid smile that's trying to escape.

Next thing I know, I'm dropping Tyler off at his house and then I went straight home from that point.

"Hey mom," I said and went over to kiss her cheeks

"Hey girly, what's got you so bubbly."

I started laughing, leave it up to my mother to notice the sudden change in my mood.

"Oooh, this must be good if you're laughing like a mad woman. Did Tyler finally step up and express his undying love you?" She asked

"Not quite, but I think he's planning on doing so tonight at Stella's party," I said and watched her smile fade, and a frown replaced her beautiful face.

"At Stella's party, that is so classless. That boy is seriously losing cool points with me." She said shaking her head

"Mom not this again, you know Tyler is just not the romantic type, and I'm ok with that" I defended him

"Well I won't say nothing else, if you're happy then I'm happy," she said and kissed my forehead.

I just nodded and ran up the stairs, tonight I had to look perfect.

By the time I was done and dressed mom already left for work. I grabbed the keys and drove to Tyler's and found him outside arguing with his older brother Rick.

"Hey guys," I said stepping out the car, Rick was the first to hear me and look at me.

"Wow Callie, you are looking hot" he yelled causing me to blush and Tyler to finally look at me.

His face went from shocked to frowning "why are you looking at her like that? Hating cuz Callie might get a boyfriend tonight" Rick asked Tyler

"Shut up Rick, and Callie's not getting a boyfriend."

"And why not you're not her keeper," asked Rick

Tyler just glared at his brother before finally pushing him and walking to me and sat in the driver's seat.

Taking a deep breath, I waved goodbye to Rick and got in the passenger seat. This was not how I expected the night to start. Why would Tyler have a problem with me having a boyfriend unless he was jealous?

"Why did you get all dress up for huh Callie, now how can I enjoy myself and ask Stella out if I'm busy making sure nobody doesn't take advantage of you," Tyler asked bitterly

Did I hear him correct, he's asking Stella out. "When did you and Stella become friends? I thought you were asking a friend out?" I asked him

"We've been friends for a while now, she's cool and fun" he answered

"But why is this the first time you're telling me about it?" I asked getting mad

" I know you don't like Stella, so I didn't tell you. But tonight I'm gonna make it official with her, and she's gonna start hanging with us more. So you'll have to get used to her, and this is the perfect chance for ya to become friends also" he answered casually

At this point, I was steaming, and I just wanted to punch Tyler in the gut so he could feel the pain that I was e experiencing right now. My life is a cliche. I'm in love with my best friend and he can't see it.

It took all my strength to hold back the tears that were trying to force their way out, don't let him see you cry I repeated as we pulled up to the party.

"It's party time, I'll see you inside Cal," said Tyler as he ran out the car not even bothering to look back at me.

Deep breath, take a deep breath I repeat in my head for about 5 minutes before opening the car door and walking towards the party and right before I walked in the front door I decided that tonight I was going get drunk and make out with a stranger. "Fuck you Tyler," I said and walked in.