1 // A T H O U S A N D

I passed stores of clothing , scents and convenience . almost startled by my reflection on the granite floor , I stopped at my favourite place in this god-forsaken town . Waterstones .
'welcome !' a large banner read , spread across the roof of the store .
I stepped in , instantly smelling new books and various scents of crayons from the kid's table & the fresh-bread bakery right across the hall .
I made my way over to the Young Adult section , since that's where all my favourite books come from . almost in an instant , a bright book caught my eye , catching my mind in a rope and lured me closer .
the book was a bright - pink . it was named House Of The Un-Accepted .
I started flicking through the pages , scanning the many paragraphs of the book , until I felt a presence next to me .
looking over , I saw a boy ; jet black hair , and style the opposite of me .
he looked my way and smiled , I kindly returned the favour . he had a smile to cure illness and similar taste in books as me .
finding someone who likes the same books as you is finding a needle in a haystack .
people, with the same or relatively close taste of authors & books as you , and so much more understanding , if that makes sense .
I went back to the book , still flickering through .
"I like your tattoo ." the black - haired - boy blurted .
I had a simple pile of three , small books tattooed into my wrist , with the text 'I've lived as a thousand people.' surrounding it in a perfect circle .
"thank you .." I thanked him . I decided on that book and turned away to walk to the till . I almost made it around the corner , until I felt a tap of my shoulder . I swung around , only to see jet haired boy .
"you seem to like the same books and authors as me .. maybe we could meet up sometime ? uh , o-only if you want to I mean-" he stuttered .
"I'd love to ." I smiled , he handed me a small piece of paper with a number written on it .
"Dan." I grinned .
"Phil."
-
aHHHH THIS IS SO BAD IM SRY AND IM 98% SURE MY FRIENDS DONT READ MY WATTPAD ANYMORE SO SCORE ONE TO ME