Eventful

"Scarlett slow down. You know we have to stay to together, especially in the mountains."
Amanda protested
Looking down at a pleading face. I watched as Amanda struggled to keep up.
"Sorry. I'm excited to get to the top of the mountain. So much to see, even with the little time we have to see it."
enthusiasm, bursting at the edges of my voice.
"Well you can at least wait for us to catch up!"
Giving out a small huff, i decided to sit down on a flat rock and look over the land of mountains. Trees shrouded the hills, giving shelter to the animals that roamed it. Everything was coated in a thin layer of snow giving my breath a freezing tone and numb fingers. Crunching of snow and boots gave me notice that same one was coming closer.
" I thought you said hicking would be fun?"
Turning my head sideways i'm met with striking green eyes filled with cold boredom of a girl named Kailanna. Kalianna White, was always the pretty one in our small group. People from school used to ask why she hung out with us "losers". Unfortunately they didn't know that behind the curves and beauty, a dangerous aggression lay within. Lots of black eyes were giving out in our learning years. It was funny watching the innocent face get away with more than half the crap pulled from the soft hands. With Freckles dusted over fair white skin, heart pink lips stretched into a small frown, blood red hair that sculptured a picture of perfection.
"It is when you stop complaining about it."
Her glare went colder then the wind that fought against the barriers of our skin.
"If you keep your face like that for too long it will stay like that. Maybe." pause. "Just maybe people will finally see your true colours on the outside!"
Flipping me off kalianna takes a seat on a rock across from me. watching a canteen being drawn to her lips and the contents being sucled down with long pulls.
Finally the other two make it up, sweat glistened their foreheads as they dragged themselves into a sitting position between me and kalianna.
They two pulled out their own hot bottles, seeking warmth with in high bitter mountains.
Amanda dark skin and hair stuck out from the white snow. Full lips wrapped around the bottle while brown eyes scanned over the yards in front of us. Amanda was beautiful with medium long hair and blue glasses. Everyone just saw her as the nerd, who's good with computers and loves oversized hoodies. But no one has ever seen this girl with a blade before. I still have scars to prove how dangerous she can be.
"Are we almost at the top?" Saras small voice sounded to my left. Looking over i see wide blue sky eyes staring at me hopefully. A small smile graced my lips at her small petite structure filling with hope that we might not half to go any farther.
"Not to long now just gotta make it to the waterfall."
"Do those clouds look good to you or a little gray?" turning around at Amanda's words i look to the heavens
"Kalianna you said it would be clear skies today?" my voice comes out as a command because not fair from here i can see the lighting scattering out of thick blacking clouds.
"We need to go now!"
"Where do we go!"
Sara's fear filled eyes watched in terror at the skies darkening behaviour. Wind picked up speed drawing the clouds in faster. My mind screamed at me to move my feet but the uncertainty of where to go and how to protect the others keeps me in place.
"We need to find shelter now. Is there a cave near by?" kaliana's face held steadiness that anyone would have bought but i could see the color draining from her face the longer we stand here.
"The.... the waterfall! There has to be a cave behind it or even around it." there was more questioning to my voice then cretency but It was the only logical thing my brain could come up with. Without another thought i grabbed sara's hand, pulling her towards the only hope of survival. Rocks got bigger the higher we got, our legs weren't long enough to make it over a 5"11 rock. Running around i cupped my hands together.
" Put our foot in my hand. Ill host you up. Kalianna you go up first so you can pull up the others." voice cracking on wind that forces me to scream. Kalianna moved fasted putting her foot into my hands and hoisting herself up.
"Sara your next."
Sara's body shook in fear from the storm. She always hated thunder storms and now she stuck in one at the highest peak of a mountain. Taking tentative steps towards me she put her foot in my hands, pushing her up i felt the weight lift off me as kalianna grabbed her. Amanda practically ran at me, using power she jumped on my hands. While I used force to throw her up and over the rock. Taking tentative steps back i run at the rock putting one foot on its side and reaching up grabbing Amanda's and kalianna's hands.
"Fuck we should have gone out for the cheerleading team."
I was met with unimpressed faces, cracking a small smile i take sara's hand and start running again. Rain started pouring heavily on us making the rocks slipper. Black clouds made it hard to see anything a foot in front of you. A lighting boult shot out of the sky, striking a tree near by. Sara screamed and halted in her steps making me slip and cut my leg and hand on a rock. Flames ignited from the trees around us making a sickening crackly sound fill the air along with black smoke that burned my lungs.
"Cover your face and get low to the ground!" kaliana's barking voice was clear enough to hear around the nature threatening to kill us. Doing as told, we slowly get low and start crawling towards our destination. Fire licked at the other trees, turning them to ash. Branches fell to the gound in heaps of orange and red. Looking up i try to blink away the blurriness of my tears to see that the waterfall is only a yards in front of us.
"Theres the waterfall! Get up and run now!"
Not turning to the other, i Climb to my feet and start to running. Lighting crossed the sky showing 4 figures in the distance, watching us. But only their eyes could be seen.
My feet falter at high pitched scream tearing through my heart.
"SCARLETT!" turning around everything seem to be going into slow motion, sara's running figure came into perspective. Not even a ten steps later did a bolt scatter down from the night terror and suck her into its power. She seemed to be floating in the midst of air, her skin was starting to turn black. Her blond hair spread out around her in the most beautiful way, while a white light encased a dying body.
"Kalianna!" Amanda scratchy voice made my eyes shift around to see what else was happening. Spotting blood red hair being cornered by a great black wolf. Its fangs were opened for everyone's eyes to feast upon, long sharp claws edged kalianna towards a large rock. Amanda was running towards her when random spears of hail broke passed the clouds and descended on her. Slicing it way into Amanda's chest all the way to her back. Blood spilled around the wounds and down the glistening pieces sticking out of the skin. I expected a scream to escape her mouth, instead her body just crumpled to the ground pushing the shiny spears in further. Blood seeped out of her mouth and the light drained from her open eyes. Glancing at kalianna her body was already leaking hot blood. Limbs seemed to be contorted at odd angles and a throat was missing from the body, to the point where you could see a spin sticking out. Not a wolf in sight to claim ownership on the crimes it has committed.
The girls looked like rag dolls, that the world was done with.
I expected a cry to pass my lips, or even a scream of dismay but i felt nothing. I was numb, like the way my figures were only hours ago. Looking around it seemed we were in a bowl, surrounded by fire. Wind pushed the fire around like it was playing with it. The rain turned the thin layer of snow into mud and mixed it with the horrific scene. I was soaked to the bone, covered in mud and blood but i couldn't find it in me to care. A warm presence made itself known with a huff on my neck. Turning around i was met with one red eye and one pure black eye. Nothing was said between us but a look in its eye told me it was my turn. Looking away i find my eyes settling on the fire the way it flickered and swayed seem gorgeous to me. i walk passed my family's dead bodies and into the heated fire. It scorched my skin, taking my breath away but i wasn't scared. I welcomed its heated presence, for it took the numbness away. My final look on this planet was the eyes of red and black.