Chapter 1

On a warm September night, two people are running our of a bank with bags of money. They cut through an alleyway but Owlman stands in their path, one of the thieves turns around to run away but is hit by a baton thrown by Owlman. The other thief rushes toward Owlman with a knife but the hero evades each of his attacks until he is caught and slashed in the forearm, Owlman, who seemed to have not taken him seriously, gathered his focus and charged at the thug with a flurry of punches, some of which are dodged or blocked, then Owlman knocks him to the ground with a right hook, the other thief begins to get up and Owlman walks over to knock him out but is staggered with an uppercut, when he regains balance Owlman punches the thief 3 times before being surprised by a sharp pain in his lower back, he reaches behind him and feels the handle of the knife, leading into his flesh, Owlman turns around into a punch that cleanly hits his mask, the second thief rises to his feet and charges at the hero, Owlman turns to intercept the attacker, but is unable to attack him, and is tackled into the brick wall behind him, lodging the knife further into his back, Owlman collapses to his knees, in intense pain, he withstands the pain and stumbles into the second thug, stepping behind his foot and tripping him to the ground. The other thief rips the knife out of Owlman's back, causing him to yell in pain, he winds back the knife to strike a killing blow, but is knocked off balance when Owlman kicks out his knee, dropping him onto his stomach. Owlman them steps over him, positioning himself between the thieves and the bags of money they had just filled. The Thieves regroup and prepare to continue the battle, and they would have if not for the distant sirens growing louder and louder with each passing second. They look at each other and decide time flee, not wanting to risk being arrested.