1 - Katie

"KATIE!"
I cringe at my mum shrieking my name from downstairs. I roll off my bed and follow her voice into the kitchen. My mum and my stepdad are sat at the table smiling at me, a sight that makes me more nervous than I have been in a while.
"Yes?" I ask.
"We've just booked a holiday!"
I'm flooded with joy - I have just finished my GCSE's and a holiday is way over due. I cheer, and find out we're going on a cruise, a three week carribbean cruise aboard my favourite ship - P&O's Britannia.
"We have some more good news..." My mum Rachel continues. "We know you sometimes get lonely on cruises"
This is true. My sisters are five and nine, and not the best company for a fifteen year old. The ships are so huge it can get very lonely by the pool alone or wandering around.
"So we've thought about it, and spent the extra money on another four man cabin" My heart flutters at this. "As you're exams went so well, you can bring three friends with you. "

And it was that sentence that started it all.

That night I thought long and hard on who to invite. I went through all of my friends until I came up with the perfect combination. I chose my two best friends, Roseanna and Jess, and one of the funniest people I know, Poppy. I was so excited, I couldn't wait to tell them all!

The next day, I had computing with Jess. Jess is a very slim girl with small brown eyes and very long and thick eyelashes. She has tanned skin all year round and very healthy light brown hair. We walked into the lesson, sat down and started talking. I didn't tell her at first, I started by telling her my family was going in a cruise in a few weeks. I got exactly the reaction I wanted, she told me how much she loved cruises and wished she was going on one.
"Katie, why are you smiling at me like that you freak" Jess asked me, as I couldn't keep a straight face through my excitement.
"Well, my parents have paid for an extra cabin... I'm aloud three friends - wanna come?" I asked, grinning.

Jess was so happy she broke down into tears of joy, and we spent the rest of the lesson discussing and planning our holiday.

At lunch, me and Jess sat down with Roseanna and Poppy, and told them we had exciting news. When we told them, we got a similar reaction to Jess' earlier, and our form tutor had to stop us all from squealing with happiness.

I knew from that moment - this was going to be the best holiday ever.