Chapter 1 - Frech Boys

My seat felt warm under me as I sat on the Falcon. It traveled close to the speed of sound as the many passengers sats in silence. I read my book about modern robotics so i could be ready for when i arrived at the university. I was excited at the fact of being so close to Coretech headquarters, I was practically shaking in my seat. I knew the dangers of traveling close to Coretech headquarters, since they usually chose test subjects from close to there. However, I was intrigued at the thought of what they do to those subjects and how they run things in Coretech, that is why I wish to move to a university close to and funded by the world renowned company.

America has gone to ruin. Although it is the main source of new technology, many people fear the nation. Coretech laboratories are stationed though out the provinces of the country which used to thrive and hold much life. The walls surrounding the nation have been built up and no one can pass through there without licensing or a special passport. Luckily I was not born in the crumbling country, but my parents could afford a special passport for me to study abroad in France. I am grateful to them and will visit them the first chance I get. I always wondered how the Coretech system worked, Ive always guess that the system logs us from our social security numbers and randomly chooses three people each year. However, I had a feeling it was something more sinister.

I felt the Falcon coming to a stop right outside of a suburban city. I was in Sector 7 in the Northern region in what used to be Michigan. My family had lived there for generations. Though I am not blood relaed I still cling to the family's history. The city my parents now reside in is called Roselyn. Named after the founder's daughter of the town, it is a farming and oil land. The Coretech workers are strict and provide the lower-middle class with almost nothing. Me working and sending money to them from France they have climbed the ladder to the higher-middle class. I am grateful for this since my family could barely even put bread on the table before.

After the Flacon had come to a complete stop, I gathered my bags and made my way out into the train station. It was buzzing with people from all over the Sector. Coretech officers hurriedly walked to not be late for their next meeting, factory workers chatted with one another, guards stood put detaining anyone who seemed suspicious.

I had to refrain from smiling at the prospect of being on home ground again. Many memories came back to me when I walked around the station searching for an exit. I remembered my best friends Marcus and Barron waving goodbye to me as I departed. I could practically hear their voices. "Be safe!" Barron yelled as I started running to the Falcon's doors before they closed. "Stay away from those French boys!" My father yelled. "Come back soon!" Marcus yelled. My mother simply smiled and waved. I smiled back at all of them promising I would come home safely.

I was lost in my thoughts thinking about when I'd see them again until I bumped into someone. I immediately apologized, but didn't hear one back nor a simple thank you. I didn't have time to reprimand a stranger, so I hurried along on my journey home.

I boarded a hoverbus from Grell to Roslyn. Carefully I set my suitcase and carry on beside me. I called my parents to tell them I would be home soon, and texted a few of my friends. I then continued to stare out the hoverbus window, eventually falling asleep.