PROLOGUE: THE FIRST FEW STEPS

She hesitated, eyes fixed on the glass doors. Droplets of dew, raced down them. Cutting through the fog, their trails slowly came together to form a picture, of just outside. The scene was a crowded one, the driveway of an airport. It was filled with people, darting this way and that, each as different as can be. Most looked happy, others too rushed to tell. Her father's form suddenly blocked her view, his black coat, spilling into her eyeshot, like ink. At the sight, she managed a grin.

"Just the kind of place, you like, Daddy.", she said, rubbing her hands together.

Her voice carried a cheerfulness to it, in direct defiance of the furrowing, of her brow.

"Cold and yucky."

He chuckled, turning so she could see his face. His eyes smiled, fine lines, forming round them, in a strangely pleasant way.

"Whatever, sun worshipper.", he retorted.

She crinkled her nose, sticking her tongue out at him, which produced another burst of laughter, from the man. He lifted a bag over his shoulder, effortlessly, and started for the doors. His stride wasn't particularly long, but the girl was soon left far behind. Mostly because, she didn't follow.

"Don't be silly. It's not as though, you can just sneak a plane, back home."

With a sigh, she tugged at her suitcase, purposefully slamming one foot in front of the other.

"Into the brit land, we go."