Cat Chases Mouse

The cold fall air is as far as i can remember about that day. I remember walking out the front door,and breathing in the cold atmosphere. I walked to the bus with my hair in my face, trying to shelter my eyes from the bright sun. It was the first day of junior year. New house, new neighborhood, new school, new faces, new teachers. All this "News" but none is good, but I guess a new change isn't entirely terrible, right? I arrived at school only to see all the faces blending in with each other. I walked into Bullworth High School while staring at my feet. A few people bumped into me, but it was better then how the other kids treated me at my old school so i was okay with it.

I walked into my first hour only to see everyone chatting among themselves. "Hey, you new?" i heard a voice call out. A tall slender girl stood behind me with bright blue hair. I was so baffled by how someone like her would notice someone like me. I nervously nodded my head and the towered over me. "Well, I know how you're feeling right now, I was new last year. Wanna sit next to me?" The girl smiled. I blushed and nodded as we walked over to the only open seats left. The class went on as it would and i talked with the girl almost the entire time. The class ended pretty quickly, and as I was leaving, I felt a warm hand on my shoulder. "Hey, I never cough your name!" The ocean haired girl giggled. 

"Uh, I-I'm Max!" I giggled. "It's nice to meet you Max! I'm Kas!" She smiled as she held out her fist. "Heehee! It's nice to meet you too Kas!" I laughed as we fist-bumped. "Haha, well, i should get to my next class, see you later?" she asked. "Y-Ya! I hope so!" I said with a shy smile. As Kas walked down the hall, Waving to friends and highfiving others, she turned the corner and flashed a smile at me. As i walked to my next class, I hugged my textbooks and smiled. "She is so cool! I hope i see her again soon!" As i walked to biology, all i could think about was Kas, and the beautiful smile she gave me. 

Lunch came around pretty fast, and i was hoping to see Kas at lunch. When I saw her, she was the center of attention in a big group of people. Everyone was different in their own way. Some girls were wearing pink and had bleached blonde hair and glossy lips. Other girls had black hair and band T's. The boys were a mix of Gothic boys and hockey boys. Everyone had different hair, clothes,skin colors. All of these different religions and genders, skin colors and just different people in general, and Kas has managed to convince all of these people to not care about stereotypes and beliefs, all they care about is each other and the friendships they have created together. 

"Wow, she's so popular." I thought to myself. as i walked past Kas and her friends, i heard the same familiar voice as i did in the class room. "Yo, Max! Over here!" Kas exclaimed. To be honest, i was kind of hoping that she wouldn't notice me, since I'm not very good with people, but I walked over there anyway. "This is Max! She's new here so be nice assholes!" I giggled a little at the comment she made to her friends. "Ooh, so you finally got a girlfriend huh Kas? Y'all are so cute!" A tall skinny blonde girl with a Pierce The Veil shirt on giggled out. I was confused and looked at Kas, who was turning bright red. "Sh-shut up Nickie! Sh-shes not my girlfriend!" 

I just giggled as she hid her face. "Oh, so shes up for grabs?" One deep voice called out. A taller guy with chocolate skin began to giggle. "Oh shut the fuck up Danial! She ain't for you." Kas glared with one hand on her hip. "Ouch, low blow Kas." Daniel laughed. "sorry about him, hehas no boundaries." Kas pointed out. I then laughed, "It's okay! A lot of my old friends are like that too." Daniel then stepped forward, "well babe, I'm not surprised you had friends like me, cause you're calling all the boys to the yard with thoughts milkshakes!" Kas was about to scream at him, but I interrupted. "Daniel is it? You know, you should really think about what you say when you try hitting on girls, cause you might end up hitting on a girl who doesn't like dicks if you catch my drift? Oh wait, you kind of already did. And, yes, I do mean "Dicks" as a double standard." Everyone went wide-eyed and started screaming and jumping around. "OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH!!!" people I didn't even know as Daniel's jaw dropped.

"You're gonna wanna go to the nurse and get some ice for that burn, "babe."" I smirked. Kas fell to the ground laughing, while her friends all started laughing and screaming louder. "Alright alright assholes! I going to go and kill myself now!" Daniel laughed as he walked away. "That was the best fucking thing I've ever seen in my life! I can finally die happy! No one has ever beat Daniel with a comeback before!" Kas screamed. She then rapped her arms around me and lifted me into the air. We all laughed the rest of lunch and the rest of the day. It was a pretty good first day. I can't wait for tomorrow!