Don't touch her

•Kiku's POV•

I was sitting in my livingroom, sipping some freshly brewed tea. A storm was raging on outside, the rain was pouring down, non-stop, and the wind whistled.

I sighed and closed my eyes for a bit, holding the warm tea cup in my hands. I was thinking of going to bed soon, it was late after all.

Suddenly the doorbell rang. My eyes opened and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. Who would be visiting this late and even go outside in this weather..?
I set my cup on the coffeetable and stood up, heading towards the door.

When I opened the door, a cold feeling spread through my body upon seeing who the unexpected visitor was.

Wet, tangled [h/c] hair, red and puffy [e/c] eyes.
A wet, shivering [y/n]-san stood in front of me, with raindrops running down her whole body. The sight was heart breaking.

"[Y-y/n]-san....? What are you--" I began carefully, but didn't manage to end the sentence before she flung her arms around me in a tight embrace, burrying her face in my chest, quietly sobbing.

As she pressed up against me I could feel myself getting tense due to her being so close, but I soon forced myself to take a deep breath and carefully wrap my arms around her back as well. This wasn't the right time to be fussy about my personal space.

I would lie if I said that.. I didn't have any, 'feelings' for [y/n]-san... But she has a boyfriend so I have pushed those feelings aside for so long. Lately, it seems like I haven't been quite as good at hiding them...

[y/n]-san's quiet sobs brought me back to reality instantly and I closed the door behind her to keep the freezing winds outside.

I carefully pushed her off of me to look at her face. Her eyes were red and puffy and her lips quivered slightly. She looked down at the floor.
I could feel the worry fill me, it hurt to see her like this.

"[y/n]-san...." I mumbled and helped her take off the drenched jacket she was wearing, she managed to take her shoes off herself. I carefully lead her inside and sat her down on the couch and gave her a blanket while I went into the kitchen to brew new tea water.

What in the world could have happened? Why is she crying? Why did she come to me? This late? I need to calm her down a bit before I throw all these questions at her.

When I came back into the livingroom she was nuzzling the blanket, seeming to have calmed down a bit, but she still looked so painfully sad.

When she noticed that I had returned she looked up at me and accepted the cup from my hands. The pain in her eyes was visable, it hurt me as well, but she still managed to give a faint smile.

I sat down as well and grabbed my own tea cup, watching her take a deep, shaky breath. She then looked at me with sad eyes. I couldn't help but notice that when her eyes were so red and puffy, her [e/c] irises looked even more piercing than usual.

"I.. I'm so sorry for visiting at s- such a late hour, Kiku..." She stuttered slightly, giving another pained smile.

"No, you don't have to apologize.. But, what has happened...?" I asked a little hesitantly. "You don't have to tell me right now though..! I'm... I'm just a little worried..." I quickly added, a little flustered, but then trailed off.