The day we met.

Sunday, November 11, 2012

(Gwen's POV)

Working another quiet day at the diner wasn't very eventful. Cindy Benson, my manager was in the kitchen making brunch for the customers. The Royal diner felt like home to me, I've been working here for a little over a year and I'm 16 now. My co-workers have really become family to me since living in London with just my grandmother gets pretty lonely sometimes.

My thought process gets cut off by the bell ringing, meaning we have another customer. Being the only waitress here, I go to seat the guests. As I walk to the front of the diner I get stuck in my tracks, starstruck by the customers.....

King Thomas and Prince Nicholas.

"Good morning, I'm Gwen, I'll be your server today....for two?" I ask after I compose myself. King Thomas nods as I take them to a booth by the windows.

"Here are your menus, I'll give you some time to think but could i get you anything to drink?" I question, making eye contact with the Prince before quickly diverting my attention to the King.

"Two waters is fine, thank you," I nod and go to the back to get their drinks.

"GWEN! You're serving the King Thomas and the Prince Nicholas! Oh my gosh what are they doing here?!" Cindy starts to freak out as I pour some water.

"They're clearly here to eat," I sarcastically remark. I walk away chuckling as I bring the drinks to their table.

"Are you ready to order?" I ask as i place the two glasses on the table.

"Yes, I'll have the grand omlet but hold the onions please," I nod as I turn my attention towards Prince Nicholas. "I'll have the strawberry nutella crepe without whipped cream please," He asks looking at me with the prettiest hazel eyes.

I walk away nodding as the Prince mumbles a quick thank you. I give the order to Cindy and go to check up on the other tables. As I'm wipping the table beside the King's I overhear some of their conversation.

"She's pretty don't you think? You should ask for her number." I wonder who they're talking about. "Dad! I don't even know anything about her."

My eavsdropping gets interuped by Cindy ringing the bell, stating that the food is ready to be served.

I place the food in front of the royalty and make sure they have everything they need. They were currently the only customers here so I take a seat by the kitchen reading a classic Nicholas Sparks book.

After reading a few chapters the King and Prince are finished eating. I grab their plates after placing their bill on the table. I come back to the table seeing that the King is walking out but the Prince is still sitting at the table.

"Did you enjoy the food?" I question with a smile. He looks at me smiling and nodding.

"Um, Gwen right? I was um- wondering if I could maybe get your number?" He asks scratching the back of his neck in embarrassment. So they were talking about me?

He looks up at me with hopeful eyes as I sigh and take out the notepad from my apron. I can't believe I'm doing this. I slowly hand him the paper with my number written across it.

"Here you go Prince Nicholas" I say giving him a slight smile. He gets up and heads towards the door before turning around.He looks at me with the most genuine smile I've ever seen,

"Call me Nick."