Fae of Summer

She was not the typical woman that the dear twenty three year old Luke would fall for...and he fell...hard.

He had fallen for her fiery red hair that always made him feel like he would burn himself every time he ran his fingers through her silky tresses.
He had fallen for her chocolate brown eyes that would melt him when she either pouted, usually to manipulate him into doing something for her or just because she was who she was.
He had fallen for her soft skin that he loved running his fingers over.
He had fallen for her calloused hands that were made rough from working in her over-protective father's wood shop but fit perfectly into his.
He had fallen for her petite body that perfectly molded against his. He had fallen for her violent attitude and her dry humour.

She was a firecracker, a lively woman that kept him in suspense for more. She was a secret softy, lover of all things cute and sweet. She was not like any female he had ever come into contact with.
To him, she was perfect.

Once, they had gone for a walk on the beach, it's pristine sand soft on his toes, her body warm against his, the smell of the sea mixed with the smell of her floral perfume. The waves gently nipped at their feet when a tall and lanky man came up to them with a gun, threatening them into giving him their valuables. Luke was beyond nervous when the red head looked him in the eye with a smile, "Have confidence in yourself, trust me and believe that everything will be fine."
He slowly nodded before she yelled out a war cry and had the man pinned to the ground in under five seconds. Luke was just shocked and stood in awe as a cop came racing down the beach. He thanked her before leaving with the mugger in cuffs. The woman just smiled and carried on like nothing had happened.

Luke and his faithful companion went on frequent dates and outings. Places like the public pool, the nearby forest and the local flower garden were among their favourites. Luke loved seeing her in her black bikini and she loved to flirtatiously tease him. The forest was magical as she almost floated around it, completely in her element, and the flower garden was a soothing place as she named flowers they passed and what each herb was used for. She never seized to amaze him.

The hardest thing that he had to do was say good-bye. They had spent many a good day together and he didn't want it to end. She was adamant that they do something that would forever bind them together and they decided that they would give each other their all that night. It was amazing to them but it made the pain a hundred times worse. Their good-bye was long and purposefully drawn out and her last words were,"Our paths shall cross once more." She gave him one last obliterating kiss before he got onto the bus that would take him home.

It had been two years since then and Luke had never heard from his magical woman again. He could never sleep at night without her petite body curled up into his. He was losing his mind to insomnia and his sanity was on the brink on breaking. His friends often asked him what was so great about the red head but all he would say is, "No one will ever live up to the standard that my Fae set."
She was like the little creatures she had been named after, hard to catch and even harder to hold onto. She had broken his world into islands of doubt and misery and sometimes it became unbearable.

Luke was not ready for the incoming news when a furious brunette woman furiously banged on his door with a baby girl who had a thick mop of scarlet and raven hair. She was roughly handed to him with a crumpled piece of blue paper before the elderly woman stormed off and he was left with the baby girl staring right at him, her chocolate brown eyes melting him to a measly puddle just like Fae had.

He looked at the piece of paper, familiar handwriting sprawled across it:
Take care of Bella for me.
Love
Fae

He reread the letter eight times before looking at the little baby in his arms. She smiled and let out a little gurgle. The phone rang its arrogant little tune and when he heard the message that the disembodied nasal voice gave, it broke him like he was made of glass. "Miss Fae listed a Luke as a contact. I'm sorry to inform you but miss Fae has just slipped into a coma."

The little girl giggled and the broken pieces shattered into thousands more shards of the broken glass man.

"Have confidence in yourself, trust me and believe that everything will be fine," quietly whispered through his head. How could he trust her when she was gone?

He later found out that she had been in an armed robbery when she had written the note before jumping onto the man and tackling him, not before she was shot in the chest, the bullet barely skimming her heart.

He was alone with his newfound daughter as his beloved summer fling broke down the little bit of him left. His sanity only held together by the little thread called Bella.

==============================
This one-shot/short story was inspired by a competition that I was too late to enter so I just did it for fun.

I hope that this makes it into the Wattys and that it might be chosen!

Thank you to all of you who are supporting me!

Have a great day

Peace out
CupQuakeLover222

Fae of SummerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara