Prologue

A/N: Welcome to What if?, a book where OUAT meets un-canon ships. This is my first proper book that I'm going to try and finish, so stick with me people! I'm going to enter it for the wattys 2016, maybe, so vote and PM me if you have any advice (please) !!!!
This book is dedicated to gallifreyanfairytale because her Once on Instagram books inspired me to write this, so go read them as they are hilarious!!!!!

This book starts at the end of season 3, when Neal dies 😭. That's all I have to say so enjoy!!!

Prologue

*Third person POV*
Emma stood there, beside Neal's grave. Neal, her first love, the father of her son, was dead. She knew, of course, that he would always be with her, in her mind and in her heart, and that a part of her would always love him, but she also knew that he would want her to move on with her life and be happy. She just wasn't sure if she could do that just yet.
The sound of footsteps brought Emma out of her thoughts. Captain Hook (or Killian Jones, as he was once known), was walking over to the grave. He knew Neal as a child, and the two had become good friends, although the they were separated for quite some time.
"Are you okay, love?" asked Hook, resting his hand on her shoulder.
"I've been better," replied Emma between sniffles.
"I miss him too, love, but he will always be with us." The pirate pulled Emma into a hug, and the two stood there like that, for a minute or an hour, comforting each other.

Emma didn't know what to do with herself. She liked Hook, but not really in the sense of love. She was still hurting from Neal's death, but at that moment, a hug was the one thing that she really needed.

*Unknown POV*
I wonder around the forest, taking in my surroundings. I stumble across a clearing, where 2 people are in an embrace in front of a grave. I can only see the back of one person, the other has tear-stained cheeks and blond hair that frames her face beautifully. I take care not to ruin the moment, but memorise her face so that one day, I can find her, but next time, not in the arms of another...

A/N: So that's the first chapter! Vote and comment, s'il vous plait (I'm not French)! Who do you think is the unknown POV?
~Ta-Ta for now
          @Chloe_Louise03