Prologue Ashton

I was bopping down the footpath listening to fleetwood macs second hand news with my heavy school bad weighing on my shoulders.

"I know there's nothing to say

Someone has taken my place

When times go bad

When times go rough

Won't you lay me down in tall grass

And let me do my stuff " I sang rocking my hips back and forth to the beat.

I threw my head to the side, checking for cars before crossing the road to the continuing footpath leading to my best friends house for our weekly sleepover. I smiled at the thought of staying up late watching scared movies and eating tones of junk food.

As I waddled up towards the next crossing Mitchell appeared out from behind a tree, causing me to jump two feet in the air and scream.

"You basted" i laughed. He joined in while linking arms with me as I continued to walk towards Ashton's house.

"You needed a singing partner?" He stated, coming out more of a question. I giggled winking at him.

"I got my first real six-string

Bought it at the five-and-dime

Played it 'til my fingers bled

It was the summer of '69" I yelled out.

"Me and some guys from school

Had a band and we tried real hard.

Jimmy quit, Jody got married

I should've known we'd never get far" Mitchell yelled out to a passing car

"Oh, when I look back now

That summer seemed to last forever

And if I had the choice

Yeah, I'd always wanna be there

Those were the best days of my life" I sang

"Ain't no use in complainin'

When you've got a job to do

Spent my evening's down at the drive-in

And that's when I met you, yeah" Mitchell sang

We laughed to each other, we were thinking of auditioning for the x-factor. If only we weren't so horrible at singing.

Mitchell and I walked in to Ashton's house, using my spare key ( she has one for my house to and so does Mitchell). "Babe?" I yelled walking into the kitchen after dumping my school bag in the hallway. I searched through the cupboards looking for popcorn. I chucked the bag in the microwave and ran off to go find Ashton.

I walked into her room finding it trashed. I gasp left my mouth, she was always keeping things clean and tidy what could have caused this much damage? I quickly scurried into her small bathroom to find the door on the ground and toiletries all over the floor. I looked around the bathroom under the sink and stuff. Ashton was to smart to not leave something behind. I was proven right when I found a note under to packet of pads.

"Mitchell!" I screeched from the top of the stairs.

"What's wrong? Where have you been? You've been gone for ages." He responded walking up to me on the stairs. Pushing him into Ashton's room, I let him see for himself.

"W-what happened?" He stuttered out, he actually stuttered. Never would I have thought I would see the day.

I took him back downstairs, where we sat cuddled up to each other crying about Ashton.

"Mitchell?"

"Hmm?"

I handed him the scrunched up peace of paper with Ashton's writing on it. He looked at me unsure if he wanted to read it. He grabbed it and laid it out flat on the coffee table in front of us.

Guys if your reading this then I have been taken

These 5 guys came to my house asking for loz, I told them that you didn't live here. I asked why they wanted you. They just answered 'mate'. I got scared when they started searching the house. I told them to leave, they didn't. They kept saying they could smell her. I called the police... They smashed the phone and trashed my room while holding me against a wall. I am currently in the bathroom scared out of my mind. Please help me loz! They are yelling at me and screaming to get out. I don't know what they want with you or me for that matter, just be safe. I love you <3

~Ash

By this time I was balling my eyes out. I will find you Ash even if it takes years. I stood up leaving Mitchell crying on the sofa. "Where are you going?"he stuttered out between sobs.

"To find my best friend" I growled running out of the house and into the woods. I had no idea why I ran this way, it just felt right. I let my legs take me through the trees until I reached a clearing where a house stood. The house look very old and uncared for. I decided to wait and see if this was where Ashton was taken to. It could always be an abandoned hut.

I hope you like it. What do you think of the cover? I drew it myself hehe