A night on the town

"Hi guys!" Called Rick making his way through the crowd to the back of Jack's Bar and Grill.

The small group gathered at the table answered all at once a little too loudly, but the other patrons took little notice of the six of them.

"Hey Rick!" said his best friend Bill slapping him heartily on the back. "Who do we have here?" Bill jutted his stubbly chin at the young girl standing awkwardly off to his side.

"This is Sara," Rick said putting his arm around her and drawing her close as he introduced the other couples. "Sara this trouble maker is Bill, his amazing girlfriend Wendy, that loser over there is Johnny and his gorgeous wife Mary."

Well this is it Rick thought to himself. Let's see if she passes the test.

"Hi, it's nice to finally meet you all, Rick talks about you all the time."

"Only good stuff I hope!" laughed Johnny.

"Good stuff? About you John-boy, I wouldn't lie to her!" Rick joked.

Everyone burst into laughter a Johns' expense, even John.

With the ice broken the evening progress as it usually did, Bill had a few too many and Wendy scolded him good naturedly. Mary talked about her kids and work while nursing a glass of wine. Johnny talked cars and drank club soda as the designated driver and Rick watched as Sara easily fooled them all.

Eventually the place emptied until it was just them and few other regulars and when Manny at the bar yelled "Last Call!" They were already headed for the door.

Johnny dropped off Wendy and Bill first and then drove Rick and Sara to his apartment building.

"Great meeting you Sara!" Mary and John called as they closed the car door.

"You too," Sara said waving.

"Good night John-boy," Rick yelled.

"That never gets old Rick!" John sneered sarcastically as they pulled away.

As the car receded into the distance Rick took Sara by the hand and they walked into the building and headed up to his apartment.

Once inside Rick had Sara sit in her chair and connected the fiber optic cables to the input/output ports.

"Diagnostic Mode Sara," he commanded.

Immediately the computer screens on his desk began filling with reams of code.

"I don't think they had a clue," he said to himself as he took her face in his hands and released the invisible locks. He removed the pretty face and beneath the servos and gears continued to spin.

"You're ready"