1

Pluviophobia/Ombrophobia: The fear of rain or being rained on

*Dan's POV*

I walk into the outdoor camp that is Camp Phobia and I go to the sign in desk.

"Hi Margo." I say to the girl with brown hair that was buzzed at the sides.

"Hello. It's good to see you came back. So how have ya been? It's been a whole year." She said as she signs my name on the paper notifying that I had arrived.

"Who do I get this year?" I ask with a sigh.

"His name is Phil. He is new. He is a few months older than you." She tells me.

"Okay, thanks." I say walking away with my luggage.

The camp has become my second home, every summer I spend the summer here. Some of the people here went to my school, but they don't like talking to people.

"Campers I will need all of you at the meeting area." The intercom says.

I see kids of all ages walking to the place, and a few of them just stand and look scared.

"Hi. I'm Dan." I say.

The three boys look at me with fear until the one with blood red hair speaks up.

"I'm Radar. That's Peak, and that is Q. Those are just are nicknames though." He said as he looked down.

"It's nice to meet all of you. Do you need help finding the meeting area?" I ask with a chuckle.

Radar has blood red hair, he looks like he wouldn't hurt a fly. Peak has his hair in a quiff with light blue at the top of his hair. But Q just has black hair.

"I've been here for the past ten year, trust me you get used to it." I say.

Peak smiles and we all walk to the meeting area and they sit next to me.

"Dan Howell. You are with Phil Lester." The man who runs the camp, Russell, says.

I stand and walk to the boy and we walk away.

"So. What do we do first?" He asks.

"Well all the campers go to the cabins and their person they were assigned sleeps in the same bunk bed, we put our stuff away and then go eat. The workers can't leave our side, or so I've been told." I explain.

"Oh, okay." He said.

We walk in the cabin and I claim the top bunk.

We fix our beds and put away our things. After everyone comes in I share a room with the three boys that I met less than twenty minutes before.

"To the mess hall!" I say pointing to the sky, but soon realize I am a dork and lower my arm.

We all walk and I start getting to know the boys while our partners stay close behind.

"I looks like it's about to rain." Q says and I stop in my tracks.

"Shit." I hear one of my best friends, Haden, say.

Haden has been my partner for the past five years, but I asked to meet someone different.

"Phil. Take him back to the cabin. All we have to do is get supplies for the week and we'll be back. Take him and make sure he doesn't freak out." Haden says to Phil.

I sprint to the cabin and sit on my bed waiting for the panic to set in.

"Dan?" Phil comes in and asks.

I whimper, to scared to respond.

No one can explain why I have this phobia... and no one knows how I got it. It has just always been there.

"Okay guys. Put the things in the kitchen." Haden says.

He rushes over to me, a concerned look on his face.

"What's wrong?" Phil asks.

I am forced to come down from the bed, and Haden traps me in a hug.

I hug him back and the worst thing could happen. It starts pouring down rain.

"Shhhhhhh." Haden says holding me close as I cry.

"Phil he has ombrophobia. Which means that he is scared of rain and is afraid to get rained on. It gives him minor panic attacks. Tomorrow is the day you learn all of his fears and you have to know how to handle them." Haden tells Phil and I cling to Haden, not wanting to let go.

"Phil? Can you handle Dan?" Haden asks him.

Phil nods and Haden lets me go.

I fall to the floor and curl into a ball trying to block out the noise and the thought of it.

I feel myself being lifted back onto my feet and the same arms wrap around my torso.

I hold onto them, not knowing who this is, but glad they tried to help.

"It's gonna be okay. It's not a big, it'll pass by in a few minutes, I promise." The boy whispers in my ear.

I cling onto them as they rub my back, trying to get me to relax.

"Shhhh. Everything's fine, I've got you." He whispers.

"Good job Phil. I'm surprised he hasn't passed out yet. He normally passes out." Haden says.

I start shaking and clinging to Phil when I remember why I am clinging on for dear life.

"Don't listen to him. Listen to me. Everything is gonna be fine and you aren't gonna get hurt. Take deep breaths in and out." He says to me.

I can't focus on anything but the rain at this point.

"Dan. Focus on my voice." Phil whispers in my ear, his lips touching my ear every so often.

I focus on his breath hitting my neck, and the way his eyelashes hit my neck as he is so close.

The rain stops enough for me to let go of Phil and stand on my own.

"Good job Phil." Haden says.

----------------------------
A/N:
Did ya like it?