The Flushed Cheeks Gave it Away

A/N - Hi, I'm Rachel, I'm Australian, so apologies for the different spelling and ridiculous amount of swearing. Enjoy!

-

Oh Shit. Holy shit he was late. Bounding down one of his many short cuts, Harry Potter was in confusion at how he had managed to sleep in so long. History of Magic had started 10 minutes ago, and Harry still had bed hair (not that his normal hair was much better) shoelaces undone, and his tie hanging loosely around his neck.

He hadn't meant to stay up so late last night, heck, he had been in bed the whole time, just watching, watching the tiny labelled dot on his Marauders Map pace into the early hours in the morning. Until nearly 3am, Malfoy had been pacing the Slytherin dormitories, and Harry for some unknown reason just had to bloody watch, waiting to see if his once arch enemy would even sleep.

Why Harry found this necessary was unknown, it wasn't as if he cared what Draco  Malfoy was doing...whether he was getting enough sleep....No! Absolutely not.

Racing down another yet another corridor, Harry started to wonder why on earth nobody woke him. Ron would have noticed him sleeping still in the dormitory. Hermione at the very least would have noticed him not at breakfast. And these days, after the war, (much to Harry's dislike) it was hard to say that people didn't notice Harry, so surely, someone would have thought to woken 'the saviour'? hA no.

Finally reaching the classroom, Harry opened the door, hoping to walk in and not disrupt the class. Sadly, no such do. The door creaked loudly, and the whole class looked around for the cause of the sound. Even Mr Binns stopped his dull ramble.

After last year, the grade had lost many numbers; some to paranoid parents, some to the grief that Hogwarts now gave, and some to death. Eighth year classes now consisted of all of the houses together.

'Perkins, late I see...five points from Hufflepuff...'

Mr Binns was oblivious to the Hufflepuffs staring at him in annoyance and confusion.

'S-sorry Professor, I was just-'

Catching on to what Mr Binns had just said, Harry continued-

'Er Professor, I'm in Gr-...'

Harry didn't bother to continue correcting the ghost, as he had already carried on with his monotone speech on the Salem witches.

Out of breath and red, Harry sat down at one of the only spare desks at the very back of the class. Both Ron and Hermione a few rows in front looked back apologetically. Harry shook them off with a shrug and mouthed 'it's fine'.

Just as Harry was pulling out his books, the door opened again. To Harry's shock, non other than Malfoy walks in, also out of breath with slightly pink cheeks and was sporting a crooked tie.

Mr Binns stopped for the second time.

'Really Mr Morgan...another five points from Hufflepuff...'

'-I was just- I'm in Slytherin you-'

Just like Harry, Malfoy thought better of arguing and scanned the classroom quickly for a spare seat. Harry with a jolt realised that only spare seat was next to him. And then, with an even worse jolt, he realised that the Hufflepuff's, weren't complaining.

Instead, them, along with the rest of the class, were looking from Harry to Draco in amazement.  What are they....

Oh.

Both late. Both look disheveled. Both panting. Both have flushed cheeks. At the same time.

Oh shit